Chapter Fifteen

Once again, the incessant beeping made its way into my ears. "Time to wake up!" I could imagine it saying. I groaned and smashed the top of my alarm clock, hoping to turn it off. I threw my legs off the bed for the first time in two days. "Monday," I groaned again, grabbing the spare outfit in my closet. 

I was ready in less than twenty minutes, rushing downstairs to grab something to eat and prepare the rest of the family's breakfast. The sound of sizzling canceled out the footsteps approaching me. A hand touched my shoulder, the fingers curling around softly. "Sophia..." A tired, but sad voice whispered. "Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine, mother." I wanted to roll my eyes, but that would be disrespectful. I pulled away from her, placing a batch of pancakes on the table. "I'm leaving for school," I muttered before walking to the front door with my back straight, holding a hard expression. My finger hooked the metal ring of my keys as I opened the door and took a step out of the house. 

She let out a small sigh, her footsteps retreating. I closed the door behind me, letting my shoulder slump as soon as I was out of her sight. I slipped into my car, falling into the seat as if I hadn't slept all night. 

A short fifteen minutes later, I took a step into the school. I was not ready for school in any way. My emotions were everywhere, my thoughts were insane, and I was exhausted. "Good morning, Sophia." Someone called, most likely Janet, but I only nodded toward her. 

"Morning," I muttered, scurrying to my first-period class.

"Sophia, are you okay?" Mrs. Moore shot me a worried glance.

"I'm fine, just tried." I gave a small smile, plopping into my seat. Once again, there was no one in the room but us.

"How is your paper coming along?" Just the thought of the essay made me groan. My head fell onto the desk, forcing a laugh out of my teacher. "Not well, I assume."

"You can only imagine," I responded, stress coursing through my body. 

A small vibration came from my pocket. 'Good morning, Soph. Meet me by the front gates after school. ;)' It was from Kai.

A/N Can you choose a favorite song?

Answer: OH HELL NO.