Chapter 5

Jimin's alarm clock interrupted his peaceful slumber. His eyes shot open and he felt drained. It was as if he never went to sleep.  He had to get up and go to his Saturday play rehearsal.
   Damn. He really doesn't understand what "I'm going to bed means"
   Jimin opened his messages and had received 33 texts from Yoongi. They had been talking via text until Jimin went to sleep.
Yoongi had been sending very strange messages. Mainly they were just a bunch of jumbled letters and numbers.
"What the heck." Jimin shook his head while scrolling through the messages.

•••

Jimin leaned back in his chair as he watched his peers complete their scene. He groaned at the thought of rehearsals every day after school this upcoming week. He munched on the granola bar as he stared blankly at his peers.  Only three more hours and then he could go home.

•••
Jimin yawned as he grabbed his bag and made his way to the exit of the school. As he made his way home his phone buzzed.
MY: Hey, if you're not busy- can you meet me at the cafe on Main Street?
Jimin stared at his phone, unsure of what to do. He decided to give Yoongi the benefit of the doubt and texted the boy back.
PJ: Sure. I'll be there in 10.
Jimin began to walk to the cafe and arrived quickly.
Yoongi was sitting at a table near the back of the cafe, two cups of something sat on the table. Yoongi was gazing out of the window and mindlessly tapping on the table. When he finally noticed Jimin his somber expression turned into a big smile. The smile made Jimin's heart pound and he felt this weird happy feeling in his stomach.
"Hey, Chimmy. I got us both a Hot chocolate. I didn't know if you liked coffee, but everyone likes hot chocolate.
"That's fine. Thank you." Jimin replied as he sat down across from Yoongi.
The two boys drank their beverages and had a light conversation about life and school.
Jimin was enjoying himself and he found himself staring at Yoongi when he wasn't looking.
Jimin had been staring at Yoongj unaware that he had noticed the staring. Suddenly Yoongi reached out and tapped Jimim on the cheek
"Boop" Yoongi teased using a baby voice. Jimin felt the blood rush to his cheeks and his heart began to pound even more.
Yoongi then proceeded to poke Jimin's cheeks "They are so cute and squishy." Jimin laughed because he didn't know how to respond.
Yoongi noticed Jimins silence and believed that he felt uncomfortable.
"Shoot, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I'm sorry Jimin." Yoongi whispered.
"No... it's fine." Jimin trailed off.
   "You're adorable when you blush" Yoongi cooed. 

                                       •••
    Soon both boys had finished their cups and were taking a walk around the area. It was calm and quiet until Yoongi broke it.
   "Hoseok and I bought tickets to see the show."
This caused Jimin to break out into a cold sweat.
   "wHat" Jimin choked. "You really don't want to see it to be honest. It's not going to be that good." Jimin laughed nervously.
    "Dude, your the lead. Of course it's going to be good." Yoongi laughed.
   Jimin felt his stomach drop. He already was nervous for the play. This was going to be his final highschool performance. He knew the drama professor  from the college he had selected was going to be present. The pressure was on to do his best.
    Yoongi noticed how Jimin changed. From his slight hand shaking to the flushed color on his face. He knew how Jimin felt and he felt bad. So he did the most reasonable thing he thought he could do.
    He slowly pulled his hand out of his coat pocket and began to intertwine his fingers with Jimin's. It was a perfect fit. It felt right and came natural.
   Jimin sighed and relaxed, leaning into Yoongi's arm.
     "I like the way your hand fits in mine." Jimin whispered. Barely audible to Yoongi, but he heard, and it made him the happiest man that day.