Chapter 3 (updated)

Leo's POV

I was waiting (impatiently) in the gym with my friends Jason, Piper, Frank, Hazel, Reyna, Thalia, Nico, Will, and my very wonderful girlfriend Calypso. We want to surprise Percy. This will be the biggest surprise since I came back from the dead. Nothing will beat the look on his face that day.

When Percy walked in, I was grinning like a jackal. I don't think he recognized us at first, but when he did, he ran over to greet us, dragging Annabeth behind him. After our greeting, we went to the locker rooms to change. Percy always tries to stay out of sight while changing because of the scars he has from fighting monsters. I am lucky that I haven't experienced the horrors he had. Today he was a little too late and some jock came in and saw the scars.

"Wow, dude! What happened to you? Did someone stab you? Were you mauled by a bear?" the jock rattled off.

"It's nothing now leave. Leave him alone," I snapped. Percy can defend him self, hades he battled Ares when he was like 12, but I'm feisty and can't keep my mouth shut.

"What are you going to do short stack?" the jock asked as he approached me.

I've been underestimated for most of my life due to being scrawny and my short stature, but an underestimation is an underestimation for a reason.

*crunch*

I swung, and I made it count. My fist connected with his nose, and I suspected his nose broke as I felt the bone give way and blood gushed down his chin.

"If you even think about telling coach about our little interaction, I swear there will be more where that came from," I said sternly as my fist fell to my side.

Everyone got dressed in silence minus a few stray whispers. I overheard someone mention a new coach. Not that it mattered to me. After all, I started this morning in the middle of the semester. As we shuffled out of the gym, I heard the familiar voice of Coach Hedge. That old goat.

"Coach! Why are you here? Not that it's a bad thing," I said questioned, arms out for a hug.

"First, no hugs or I will have to use my baseball bat. Second, with these many powerful demigods in the same school, you will attract some VERY bad mojo so I am your protector," Coach said placing the end of his bat in the center of my chest and pushing me backwards. The old goat knows he wants a hug he just doesn't want to admit it.

A shrill whistle interrupted my peace and quiet.

"Listen up cupcakes. You have 5 seconds to get out of the locker room before I start handing out detentions! Today we will be doing a variety of workouts that will push you to your limits. We will have 3 top spots in each event! NOW get your butts to the field or I will make you run even more laps!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. Using his bat as a walking stick, he lumbered towards the field.

I looked at my friends an winked.

"King Leo and his queen Calypso are going to take first place!" I screamed and took off running until an unknown force slung me over his shoulder.

"Not if I have anything to do with it," Percy laughed, "this is my school and I'm gonna show you how it's done."

"Put me down ya dumb bitch!" I yelled as I beat on Percy's back. All resistance was futile and I admitted defeat.

Today was going to be fire once I am released from Percy's iron strong grasp.