the nightmares...

Be dream karkat

run...

run...

RUN...

I was running barefoot through an ally, tears tuning down my face as I tried not to trip. I looked back at the figures running after me.

"kaaaaarkaaaaaat" one of the figures sang from behinds.

I quickly turned a corner but of course my clumsy ass tripped and fell into a puddle. the figures stood over me before I could get up and start running again.

I stared up, fear in my eyes as one of the figures reached down and grabbed the collar of my shirt, pulling me up and throwing me against the wall.

"Fuck..." I whisper as I hit the wall.

"So karkat. What are we gonna do today." The figured that threw me at the wall said a little louder than a whisper.

Next this i knew there was a fist flying towards me....

Be a terrified karkat waking up

I sat up trying to catch my breath. I looked around my dark respiteblock. 4:15 am the clock read. "fuck..." I whispered. I decided it was probably best for me to get ready for the first day of school. "tenth grade... fuck. What am I gonna do." I thought to myself running my hand through my hair.

I got up and walked to the door trying to be as quiet as possible not to wake up Sollux and Kankri. I slowly opened the door and peeked my head out into the hallway. I walked out of my... what's the human word for it... of yeah, room and across the hall to the bathroom closing the door behind me.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

you pathetic piece of shit. you should just die. you're worthless. just kill yourself already. The voices in my head hissed.

I threw my hands up to my ears and clutched chunks of my hair. "NO! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" I quietly yelled to myself. I looked in the mirror, there was red tears running down my cheeks. I wiped them away and turned on the shower. I got undressed and stepped into the shower. I flinched as the hot water hit my shoulders and back. I didn't mind the sting of the hot water. I've been through worse.

*short time skip brought to you by crabdad*

after I got dressed I walked into the kitchen. 5:01 am the oven clock read. I walked over to the cabinet and pulled out a strawberry pop tart, a human food I actually quite liked surprisingly.

"hey kk." a sleepy Sollux groggily said walking into the kitchen.

I looked at him. "Hey captor" I quietly said. "Wanna pop tart?" I asked, holding the box towards him.

"Nah. I don't know how you could eat those, they're too sweet for me." He said with a slight chuckle.

"okay..." I said turning towards the cabinet and placing the pop tarts back where they were.

Sollux grabbed a banana and walked back to his room. I walked out to the living room and sat on the couch. I pulled my knees up to my chest and buried my head in my arms. fuck please don't start crying again. I thought to myself as I felt the sting of tears in my eyes and my chest tighten. i started crying.