A pen

"Hello? Anybody in?" you asked as you stepped in the empty shop. A few seconds later you heard footsteps coming towards you and then Kisuke turned around the corner "Oh, _____ it's you" he said as he saw you. You bowed slightly and smiled "Good afternoon, Kisuke. How are you" "Always so polite" he stated as he walked towards you "I'm fine. Thanks for asking. So, what brings you here?" "My captain asked me to get him some things" you pulled a note out of your pocket, where the things were listed. Kisuke took the list and read "He expects a lot of you, doesn't he?" he asked as he walked through his shop to get you the right things. "Maybe" you admitted "But he's my captain and it's my job to help him. Besides I don't mind. I like my work and he's always very nice to me and treats me well"

Kisuke chuckled at this, knowing that there's also another reason for all this. "I see" he handed you your ordered articles. You paid for them but before you could leave Kisuke held you back "I almost forgot. I would like you to come to my party this evening to celebrate the end of the war" "That would be great, but I have to ask my captain first if he needs me for anything" you told him as you made your way out of the shop with Kisuke behind you. "Just bring him with you" You both chuckled "He doesn't seem like a party guy" you giggled softly "But I'll ask him" then you bowed again and left.

The way to the apartment, you lived in together with your captain during your time in the world of the living wasn't far, so you reached it within ten minutes. As you stepped in everything was silent and you figured your captain was working. You walked in the kitchen to unpack the stuff, then heated some water for tea.

A you waited for the water to boil you heard a voice say from behind you "I see you're back" you yelped in surprise and world around to find your captain behind you "Captain, you scared me" "I apologize. I didn't mean to" "It's all right" you assured him, then went on "I got the things you asked for and was about to make you some tea" "I thank you for that. You're a great help" You blushed slightly, looking down "No, problem. It's my job" "Then you've done a very good job"

He was about to leave the kitchen again when you asked "Captain Kuchiki?" "What is it, _____?" he turned back around to face you "Kisuke Urahara invited us to a celebration this evening and I was wondering if you would like to join" "I will think about it" Byakuya answered and you nodded "But you're free to go if you wish" "Thank you, captain" you said and in that moment the water was boiling, and you started to make the tea.

>>>>> Evening <<<<<

Humming to yourself you brushed your hair, then let it hang down your shoulders in loose curls, that went down to your lower back. Stepping to your bed you tool the already chosen outfit and put on black tight leather pants and a blue long-shirt that you used a mini dress. When everything was in it's place you slipped into a pair of pink pumps and decided that you were done.

As you walked into your living room you were surprised to find Byakuya there waiting for you, dressed in jeans and a white button up shirt, together with a black jacket over. "You're going, too, captain?" you were still slightly stunned "Why? don't you want me to?" he wanted to know, and you quickly shook your head "No, it's just that you don't seem like someone, who likes to go to a party" Byakuya just smiled softly at you, which just stunned you even more, then he opened the front door and motioned for you to go first. You blushed slightly and did as you were told, the cool night air helped you to ease you blush as you stepped out.