A knive

"Why always me!?" you screamed as you ran down one of the streets of Karakura, a huge hollow at your heels. You were a human with high spiritual pressure but no special abilities, that's why you were always attacked by hollows but also unable to eliminate them.

Unfortunately, no soul reaper or any of your other friends was there to help you and this one hollow was fast. Its huge claw shot forwards and slammed you into a wall, your head slamming hard into the stones.

You fell to the ground, unable to get up gain, your mind clouded by the impact. Seeing the hollows claw coming closer to grab you, you believed that everything was over but then a figure jumped in front of you. A second later the hollow's limps fell of together with his head and it started to dissolve.

"Hey, ______ are you all right?" a familiar voice asked and as your vision and mind became clearer again, you realized that it was Kensei, who was hovering above you. "Was better" you mumbled and carefully sat up. "Can you stand?" he reached out his hand to help you up. You took his hand, but right as you stood a sharp pain shot through left leg, causing you to fall again. Before you could hit the ground, two strong arms encircled your body. You both looked down to your leg to find a long, bloody gash along your calf.

"Great" you sighed but before you could say anything else you were lifted bridal style and carried off.
"Hey, where are you taking me?"
A deep blush dusted your cheeks as you struggled against Kensei's grip.
"Stop moving around" he snapped and you immediately laid still "I take you to Kisuke, so he can heal your wound"
For some time no one said anything, until you couldn't stand the silence anymore "Thank you for saving me" "Don't mention it" Kensei told you while looking straight ahead. Wincing slightly, you looked down, feeling to be a burden to him.

Kensei eyed you carefully and noticed your saddened expression.
"How do you feel?"
His voice caused your head to snap up, though he was still looking straight ahead. "A little sore but I'll survive" you told him, relieved that he at least was talking to you "Unless you'll lose your way and I'll bleed to death"
The joke was meant to ease the tension but Kensei didn't see it that way.

"Don't make jokes about something like that!"
The yelling caused you to flinch away and cast your eyes down "I didn't mean to offend you in any way"

Kensei sighed and shook his head "No, I should apologize. My temper gets the worst out of me"

Your answer was a silent nod, but didn't reply anything else, afraid that he would get angry again. For the rest of the way you stayed silent and after some time, you were able to relax. To be so close to Kensei and the feeling of his strong arms around you felt good.

The soft and constant swinging of Kensei's steps slowly caused you to doze off and wake up again when you already were at the shop.

"Ah, _____. You're awake" Out of nowhere Kisuke stood beside you just a second later "How do you feel?"
"Great"
Surprisingly, your body wasn't hurting anymore.
"Good to hear" Kisuke chirped "And now that I have you here I can invite you to my party this evening. We want to celebrate the end of the war and it would
be great if you join us" "Yeah, sure. Why not" you agreed instantly "I'll be there"