Bad News

Liz was awaken by a loud ringing. She knew that noise. When you didn't answer the mirror after a period of time, it rang, like a muggle telephone. This had been her idea, after James had somehow lost the mirror and couldn't answer when she called.

"Hold on, hold on." Past Ginny was glaring around the room, her wand out, ready to hex the thing that woke her.

Liz answered. "Liz!"

"Hey, Uncle Perce."

She could relate to Percy, she knew what it was like to be too smart for your own good. Though, the Weasley's all told her she was more like Hermione than Percy.

"Hello, Liz. How are you?"

"Tired, and between us, a little scared." She was ok with saying it, since Ginny had gone back to sleep.

"I know, we're working on it. I was hoping to talk to the girls?"

"Sure." She took the mirror to Molly and Lucy.

Admitting she was scared was scarier than anything else to Elizabeth Smith. Liz was anything but a coward, everyone who knew her knew that. But the idea of one of the people she loved were in danger? That terrified her. Especially James and Baby Mel.

James was her world, and Mel was her Goddaughter. They were the two most important people to her, and she would jump in front of a killing curse for anyone she loved.

Ginny once told her she reminded her of Harry. Noble, loyal, brave, kind, tries so hard to be the best you can be, even if it's never good enough. James always said it was why he was in love with her. He also added that it didn't hurt that she was the prettiest, smartest girl in Gryffindor, which didn't say much. Gryffindor girls were pretty,...not bright.

Rose also woke early, and was listening in on Liz's conversation with Percy.

"Poor Liz." She whispered.

But she had to admit she was terrified as well.

She was no Gryffindor. She wasn't brave, and she would happily run from danger, or hide behind books. She wouldn't be the one ready to fight. She had her mother's brain, but not her bravery. She wouldn't have gone on a mission like her parents had.

She sighed, thinking of her two best friends. Albus was just like his mother. Quiet until you know him, he could hex you faster than you could say 'Oh $%*+.' And he was a genius behind all of that. He was brave and cunning, just like his parents.

Scorpius may be smart and more willing to read than duel, but he was just a strong as he was smart. He was devious, which, along with his looks, was the only thing he had in common with his father. He had the mind of a kind Slytherin, and a brave Ravenclaw, He was loyal, and noble. He was almost perfect, and on the outside, he was. He was gorgeous. His blond hair was slightly darker than his father's, and he had his mother's baby blue eyes.

She had gotten a mixture of her parents hair so it was wavy and dark brown, but she got her dads blue eyes and freckles. People always told her she was very pretty, but she could never see it.

"Rosie?" Her 15 year old mother was sitting up in bed.

Rose wiped away the tears she hadn't realized were falling.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." She lied.

"I do hope you didn't inherit your father's sense of worth. He never thinks he's good enough."

"Why would you think I'd gotten that?" She spat.

"Well, you sure got his temper, didn't you?"

Rose turned red with anger.