Chapter 19

Akashi's P.O.V

I always had a feeling that the past would remain in the past. I knew that the generation of miracles wouldn't stick to each other, but I never thought I'd see a ghost of our past again.
"What a suprise." I said, a smile on my face. "Ninjimura senpai."

~

"Yo, Akashi, Midorima. Am I interrupting anything?" The black haired teen asked in a casual way as he came closer, hands on his pockets.
"Not at all, senpai." Now that he was closer, he looked more irritated and tired than casual.
"Good, coz I don't have time to deal with you brats' crap." Before I could raise a brow at that statement, he put his hand on my shoulder and started dragging me by it.
"O-oi, Nijimura!" I heard Shintaro yell behind us.
"Stay out of this brat, I got business with him, so unless you wanna join in, scram!" Was his reply and warning and I have to admit, it was amusing.

"You've got guts, senpai." I said to him, watching Shintaro follow us in the corner of my eyes. "But are you sure you're ready to lose them?" The raven head grunted and released me a little too harshly as we reached a deserted street.
"Don't you start threatening me now Akashi!" He pointed a finger at my forehead, poking it a few times as he continued. "What the hell have you guys done, huh? Answer me or else!"
What?
"Whatever could you be talking about, senpai?" His expression was that of a Haizaki nerved out, like he was ready to murder the silver head, just like in the old days.
"You know what I'm talking about, idiot. The basketball club!" He yelled in my face.
That statement was shocking I must admit. Does he know anything?
I turned to look at Shintaro but he was even more confused than I was.
It didn't have to answer however, as he kept talking not even a second after.

"You've all been either ignoring, avoiding or half answering my questions!"
"We all?"
"Yea, you all! I met all the others and even that Kuroko-kun brat refused to talk about his oh so precious basketball! Murasakibara even dropped his snacks and ran away from me!!!" Oh, so that explains it.
"Atsushi did? My, what a reaction..." I said, trying not to think about it, as Atsushi leaving his snack behind seems way to exaggerated. "You met Tetsuya?" His face turned to one of complete annoyence.
"Yes. And he Ignite passed me only to get away from the topic." Now that I could imagine.
"Typical Tetsuya." A sigh left his lips as he rubbed his forehead while Shintaro behind him huffed and pushed his glasses up, turning his head away to most likely hide an amused face. "As of your question." I said, gaining both of their attention. Shintaro looked at me with a suprised expression and other unreadable emotions on his face. Although he'd never say, I knew he always felt bad about the basketball club.

"The generation of miracles has failed you, senpai." Was my answer. "And I as it's captain have failed you more."
The rest of our discussion I told him everything in an undetailed description. Shintaro had to keep him back from punching me a few times. Not that I'd ever let him touch me.
"And what does Haizaki have to do with you?"  He asked once I told him everything from Aomine's change to Teiko-Meiko game.
"Why do you ask Nijimura?" Shintaro asked, now by my side.
"Everyone's tried a little too hard on avoiding the question." He deadpanned, and I had a feeling that question was the best part of his encounter with the others. "So?"
"I kicked him out of basketball club."

Our eyes met, creating an unneccessary cold aura as silence engulfed us all. His sharp dark eyes seemed to be reading my very soul, deciding whether to praise me or not. Maybe, he was suprised and dissapointed. Haizaki did have potential of becoming a great basketball player after all, his behaviour put aside.

"And now he seems to be after vengeance."
His black eyebrow rose, my que to continue.
"He's hurting Tetsuya in order to hurt us. Or rather, me, the one that ruined his future." As if. I thought, I didn't ruin it, if anything I saved him from the humiliation of defeat.
Ryota will overpower him in more than one aspect.
"Haaaa?" Senpai made a very funny face. "What do you mean that brat is hurting Kuroko-kun? I just saw him, he was totally fi-"

"Oi Akashi! Midorima!!!" Came a shout, followed by others behind us.
There was Daiki...

.
.

Holding a bruised and beaten Tetsuya...

Fine my ass.
Shougo better run for his life because I'll make him pay if he has anything to do with this.

---------------------------------
Trust will be my fall and my death.

Why do I say that? Why did I mention death?
Well...
That's because I jumped in on one of Haizaki-kun's fights.

I shouldn't have...