Chapter 28

We're twins Tetsuya.”

What?!

It was his turn to explain. And he did so in detail.

And he welcomed me with open arms, offered to take me out of my miserable life of shadows.
Gave me a home.
A real home…

------------------
Aomine's P.O.V

What the actual FUCK!!!”

You might be wondering why I'm cursing now. Well let me explain.

A certain someone just told me he has a god damn twin! Which we somehow know!!!
And we've been playing with him for two years now!!! Who's also my best friend?!

What the heck Akashi!!!
It's not like I'm complaining. Hey I don't mind seening Tetsu so happy and peaceful in his ‘brother's’ arms. But… “Why are we finding out about this just now?!”
We're all bundled up in Tetsu's room, Akashi just gave us the oh so shocking news that he and Tetsu are bros.
And we go back to where we started. What the heck!!!

“We only found out a few days ago Daiki, we didn't know about it either.”
“I'm sorry.” Came their reply at the same time, Tetsu's apology ticking me off even more than I already was. I mean, what is he even apologizing for?
“You shut up!!!” I yelled, pointing at him. “What are you even apoligizing for?! Gah!”
I winced at the pain in my arm, the damn pain cutting off my on the spot speech, something the tealnette of course noticed.
“I-”
Don't!” I said, patting my casted arm. “If you're really sorry then never, and I mean ever, do that again.” Seeing Satsuki smile beside me, and Akashi giving me a look that, well, a non-threatening look, I lost all my confidence. Like, if the all mighty Akashi gives you a look, you better be thankful it isn't threatening and thank all the gods above.

“Oh you needn't worry about him so much Daiki.” The devil said, patting Tetsu's head. “He and I made an agreement. He'll tell me whatever bothers him and we'll solve it together. Right, Tetsuya?” I watched him nod his head twice, looking down at his lap as if it was the most interesting thing on the world. Akashi sighed and leaned towards the tealhead, causing him to flinch at his words. “And now you're breaking it?”
“N-no…”
You're not fooling anyone with a response that weak!!!
Before I could voice my thoughts Kise's annoying voice blew my ears off.
“Kuroko-chi!!!” The stupid blonde practically took the life out of him with a hug that strong. “Kuroko-chi, please, please forgive me for everything I've done wrong, forgive me for not noticing your suffering! Please talk to me like you used to!!! Gah!!!” He let go of Tetsu when the other was having trouble breathing. “I'm sorry Kuroko-chi, what I meant was; please let's go back to how we used to be! I swear I'll never-”

Shut up already!!!” I could swear I saw Midorima drop his lucky item for the day, a mummy doll (something not breakable at least, or I'd never hear the end of it), when I punched the blond's head. “You're making everyone deaf with your annoying voice!”
“So mean Aomine-chi!” His hands flew up on his head, brushing the bump I caused as he looked at me with those crocodile tears in his eyes. “I was trying to be helpful!” I could already feel my nerves rising, the need to strangle the model too strong.
And I was about too, our heads so close, fingers itching to curl at each-other's throats… then all of a sudden a pain spread from my side, making me fall on the huge bed, crying out in pain, because damn it felt familiar.
“T-Tetsu, teme!!!” I said, holding my side. “That freaking hurts!!!”
“Kuroko-chi that's mean!!!” Kise whined, I'm pretty sure he would've continued spurting out nonsense had a meek voice not stopped him.

“Why…?” the tealnette whispered, shaking like a leaf. His expression was hidden by his locks. “Why are you asking me to go back to how we were when we already are?” He looked up smiling with tears on his eyes.
“K-Kuroko-chi! Why are you crying?! Don't cry please!!! I'm sorry suu!!!” The blond model started tambling on and on again, I would've joined him, but I realised that Tetsu wasn't sad anymore, he was happy seeing us like this. All bundled up together like we used to.
“Oi Kise! Lay off Tetsu would ya? You're only going to make him cry again 'coz you're so dumb.”
“Aomine-chi!! You-”

“Aomine-kun.” As always, count on Tetsu to stop incoming headaches.
“Yeah?” I looked at him. He bit his lip in hesitation, before softly asking.
“Does… does it hurt?” Looking down at my arm, I couldn't hold back a smile.
“Nah. I mean at first yeah, but I'm fine now. 'Sides…” I ruffled his hair, making it go wild, the pout was so worth it. “A 'lil brat like you should worry 'bout himself more, don'tcha think?”
“Agreed.” Midorima said, fixing his glasses. “That said, you should try relying a bit more on us as well. We're… we'll be there.”
“Mido-chin tsundere…” I snickered at that, because, damn right he is!
“I am no such thing, nanodayo!!!”
“Are too Midorima-chi!”

“Alright, alright, visit time is almost over. Tetsuya needs to rest.” The red haired devil spoke, ruining our fun. But he was right though. Tetsu needed his rest.
“Awwwww!!! But I wanted to stay with Tetsu-kun more!” Satsuki wailed, clinging to the said person's arm, who in turn patted her head.
“It's ok Momoi-san. You can come tomorrow again.”
She nodded tearily, not letting go just yet. One by one we said our goodbyes, some of us hugging him stronger than needed and slowly got out of the room, untill we were finally just me, Tetsu and Akashi in the room.

“Hey Tetsu?”
“Hai.”
“I want to play basketball with you when you get out of the hospital.”
He smiled a smile that I'd almost forgotten.
“If you've healed till then that is, then yes, I would like to play basketball with you as well.”
“Alright.” We fist bumped like we used to, Akashi made him lay down and rest properly before following me out of the room.
“Say Akashi…just how long did you really know about this whole thing?” I looked at him as we got out.
“Not long. Just the day before he got sick and didn't come to school.” I hummed, suddenly I didn't feel as mad about it anymore.

“Take care of him alright? He needs it.”

“Need you really ask me that?”

“No. I guess not…”