Chapter 26

Midorima's P.O.V

Dèja vù. That's what this is...
Somehow I ended up watching after these two sleep once more. As if I don't have better things to do. Not like I care about them or anything. And it's not like I would stay if Oha Asa didn't say to stay close to the colors blue and red.

It's been two days since Kuroko (or should it be Akashi from now on?) woke up. He's been... well... kind of bothersome actually.
He woke up in a fit, crying and holding on to Akashi for dear life. He wouldn't even let the redhead go so he could call a nurse, or a doctor to check up on him. He's actually never let Akashi go ever since. The younger interwined their hands and didn't untangle them anymore.
Even now he's holding onto his brother's hand so tight his hands turned as white as a sheet. Whenever Akashi would try to move just a bit away he'd tighten his grip.
All in all. He's a mess, nanodayo.

(One thing I can't help but wander is if the demon has gone to the bathroom these last two days.)

I was (thankfully) pulled out of my musings by a slight whimper voming from none other than the center of my worries. Ahem, not that I worry about him. I was merely just thinking, nanodayo.
As informed by my father, and from what I could see in his eyes, he was awake to make sure his red trophy was still there. His eyes, despite sleeping a lot more than usual, were glazed and tired, ready to close at any moment again. And they almost did, had I not called him.
"Kuroko." I watched his half way closed eyes shoot open and dart over to my direction, on his left side of the bed. As soon as they did, I felt my body go tense. Sure I had seen his eyes before, but they were so... lifeless now. Adding the lack of sleep and it's marks only made direct eye contact worse. Holding myself from flinching, I fix my glasses and greeted him, double checking the tone of my voice. "Hey. How are you feeling?" It was a stupid question, but it was basic for starting up a conversation.

It took a while but he did answer.
"Tired..." He slurred out slowly, with a scratchy voice. I fought back a chuckle and instead gave him a smile.
"I figured as much and I'm sorry to keep you awake like this but it'll be quick alright?" A nod. "Then. I meant as in, do you have any pain?" He shook his head no after a while.
"Just sore..." Not letting me say anything, he continued. "C-can I go home, Midorima-kun...?"

Had it been any other person, I would flat out tell them no, that they need to get better, but with his eyes looking at me, holding so much hope in them, I wanted to agree instantly. But I couldn't...
He had to stay in hospital for a couple days more.
I sighed through my nose, pushing my glasses up again. "I-I'm sorry Kuroko. But you can't yet." I noted how his hand seemed to grip the fast asleep teen's even more. Irritation seemed to come at me in waves, I couldn't hold in the following words.
"Besides, where will you go when you get out of here? How will you take care of yourself if you're so scared to even sleep by alone? When you're depending on others so much?" I didn't mean to scold him like that or raise my voice, but the need to bring the real him back pushed the guilt in the back of my mind, for the moment.

"Let him go Kuroko, he won't go anywhere. The fact that he risked his life to save yours should be proof enough, nanodayo."
"But..." He started, however I wouldn't let him. If Kuroko speaks his opinion against yours then it's your loss, that's what I've learned from all this time together, so I couldn't let him do that.
"And if not him then Aomine or Murasakibara will surely stay with you. After all, mot only one idiot, but three idiots came after your sorry ass. So don't you dare let them down by drowning in this miserable state! Or will you seriously make their act useless? Just because you gave up on yourself doesn't mean everyone will." I sighed. "Kuroko. Listen, just let Akashi go. If he does leave it'll only be for personal needs, he'll always return afterwards. You are only torturing yourself like this."

After that, I waited for what felt like an eternity before he answered. Well, responded to my words. Albeit reluctant, he slowly untangled his hand from Akashi's, whimpering just a bit as he did so.
He rested his hand by his side, muscles tensing at the loss of physical touch. A smile made it's way on my lips as I watched him doing his best in keeping his hand there.
Such a child.
"Just rest Kuroko. You'll need it if you truly wish to get out of this place. We'll be here nanodayo."

But he didn't sleep, even though he wanted to. Instead, his eyes travelled to meet mine once again. "Where-where is Aomine-kun, Murasakibara-kun, Kise-kun and Momoi-san...?" As he asked that, some sort of panic settled in his eyes.
He might be thinking that something had happened to them, I thought.
"They're fine Kuroko, so don't worry. And to answer your question, they are currently resting in another room. Who wouldn't be, after annoying each-other to death they'd surely need a good rest." Especially that Aho idiot. "Which you need too. Rest up."

With that, the rest of the night was uneventful as I babysat the sleeping males. Honestly though how can those two sleep like that?
Akashi will most likely have sore muscles in the morning.
Not that I care nanodayo.