Chapter 22

Akashi's P.O.V

When I saw my brother beaten to a pulp in Daiki's arms, I swore I'd murder someone. But I also feared for his life. Shintaro's father confirmed that he was indeed lucky; the injury on his head was serious, had he been brought to hispital a minute later, he might've not made it.
He explained that the coma he experienced was all we could hope for for his survival.

But looking at him now… he's anything but ok.
“Tetsuya.” I called once more. His head was lowered and his fists gripped the sheets at his side.
“Hai.” He responded in a meek voice, the broken tone crushing me with it's weight.
“Who was it?” However, I couldn't waste time trying to comfort him and explain him everything (I wasn't that good at comforting anyways), somebody out there hurt my brother and I will return the favor ten times worse. If you were thinking that would kill him, then that's what I was hoping for. I did say I was going to murder someone, didn't I?
His head lowered even more, if that was possible, and he looked at his lap like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

“No one.” I gritted my teeth at his response. ‘No one’? Who do you think you're kidding Tetsuya?
Is that so?” I asked. “Then would you care to explain how this-” I gestured to his crumpled form on the bed, knowing full well that he could feel all my movements. “-happened?”
He flinched slightly, but didn't say anything. I sighed, got up from the chair I sat on then made my self comfortable on his bed, ruffling his hair softly. My fingers brushed against the bandages on his head, which didn't help me with my nerves, causing me to grip his head a little tighter. Tetsuya whimpered but didn't protest, not that he should've for I let go in an instant.
Calm down, I told myself, he doesn't need anymore pain or… practically anything that worsens his condition. He didn't need it in the first place, nor should it have been inflicted on him.

“I'm sorry, Tetsuya.” Said bluenette still didn't look at me. “I, I just want this to end alright?” My words spoken in a soft tone didn't really help me much, but I knew he was secretly grateful for it. “But you need to tell me who caused this. Please, Tetsuya, tell me.

It may be suprising just how powerful family is. It may also be scaring just how much it affect you, in this case, me. I just apologized and begged a person, who happens to be my twin brother, less than in two minutes.
Everybody knows that apologies, beggs and I do not in any way fit into a sentence together.
But when it comes to Tetsuya, it matters little, no, it matters not.
Tetsuya is even worse than my father, he is able to manipulate me without actually trying or doing anything. He just needs to stand there and I'm on my knees like a loyal knight. I hate it.
But, it doesn't mean it's wrong.
Perhaps it's because our bond is stronger than anyone's, even though he doesn't know it yet.

I grabbed his trembeling hands and held them tightly, as if it would solve everything, urging him to say his answer.
“...mob…” was whispered among other words that I didn't hear. I gave his hands a squeze.
“What is it, Tetsuya, I didn't hear you.”
He shivered and breathed in heavily.

“I-I interfered in a mob fight…” was his answer. My eyes narrowed, something seemed wrong, however as I scanned his face for any sign of lying, I didn't find any.
“I see. Did you see their faces, at least one?” I asked, almost desperate at this point, but he shook his head no. “The mob's name?” Again a shake of the head was my answer.

Well that throws my plans out of the window.

I sigh, releasing his hands from my grasp. “Anything that could give us a clue as to who they are?” Now I was really, really desperate.
“I don't know.” Was the reality I was met with.
“Alright.” I gave up. There was nothing more Tetsuya could tell me.

Father will be comming soon, I thought, should I give him a head start?
Who knew how Tetsuya would react? He's like that, throw a bomb at him and he'll look at it like it's something that could happen everyday.
I opened my mouth to tell him he'd have some company soon, but then thought better of it. Tetsuya can handle himself.

A knock on the door broke the silence that had fallen on the room and Shintaro's father came in.
“Hello, Akashi-kun, Kuroko-kun.” He said, closing the door behind him, hiding a red faced Shintaro (I'll have to punish him later for evesdropping on us). “I'm not interrupting anything, am I?”
“Not at all, Midorima-san. I was just leaving.” I answered. “Please take care of Tetsuya.”
He nodded, assuring me it'd be ok.

I got out in the hallway, smirking at Shintaro's embarrased face, before we both left for the cafeteria. Half way there I remembered I forgot to ask Tetsuya if he wanted anything, he hadn't eaten properly for a week after all, but then shrugged it off and deciding I'd just buy him a vanilla milkshake for starters. I'd tell father to bring  a proper meal later.

Had I known Tetsuya wouldn't be there when I returned, I wouldn't have left.