Chapter 2

This part made me so sad. You start to get a glimpse into the girl behind the attitude. Does anyone else love someone as much as Sam loves her mom?

Question after question was hurled towards me. Everyone wanted to know what it was like to talk to Logan Prescott. I hoped this wasn't going to last for the rest of my shift. What I wanted to tell people was 'yeah, you want to know what he's like? An ass.'

But I went with the signature "he's just a normal guy." People wanted to keep pestering me, but luckily my standoff was enough to get them to stop. The only person I talked to about it was Shauna because she had always been so genuinely nice to me, even when I didn't return the favor. The least I could do was feed her little Hollywood mind about my interaction with Hollywood's it boy. When I finished telling Shauna my interaction with the great Logan Prescott, she looked at me like I was from a different planet.

"You don't care, do you? About him."

"No, I don't. Sorry to disappoint."

She shut up after that. I headed home from work around 10:30 that night and checked on my mom before going to my room to write. I loved to journal. It was a place for me to vent and say whatever I wanted without consequence. It wasn't hard to figure out what most of today's ranting would be about. I didn't mention one word about today's events to my mom. Looking at her, I knew Mom was in pain and didn't need to hear my negative attitude. She'd thrown up a lot, so I pulled out some soup I'd premade the night before to give to her. She didn't want it, but I begged her to try to eat some, so she had a few bites. After snuggling with her for a while, I went to my room, got undressed and wrote a bit more. I fell asleep with my journal on the floor and my body sprawled out on the side of my bed.

My alarm went off the next morning, and I dragged myself out of bed once again. I was reaching a point of exhaustion I wasn't sure I'd ever been able to come back from, but numbers kept me focused. $98,769 to go. After that, I planned to cut back on some of my hours. Shauna knew my situation and was the one who encouraged me to cut back my hours after I'd earned money. I agreed, but I also knew I was at least a solid year away from saving that kind of money. The reason I told Shauna about my mom was because she covered for me sometimes when I was running late.

I arrived at work that day and ran straight into Matt.

"Samantha," he said with a curt nod.

I nodded back, rolled my eyes and headed straight for Shauna. The minute I got over to her I noticed how big her eyes were.

"What's wrong?"

I turned around to see who she was staring at.

Shit. The table in the corner. Logan was here again. Didn't he get enough of me the first time?

"He's here again," she stammered, "I can't believe it. You were a total bitch."

"Well he's not here for me," I snapped back.

"Well obviously, but... I can't believe this."

I frowned at the way she openly gawked at him.

"Um, hello Shauna happily dating Dalton. Four years strong."

She laughed. "Well, I still have eyes and Dalton would approve of me openly gawking at Logan. It's why we work. He knows I will always drool over hot Hollywood men."

"You are insane," I said with a smirk.

"No, you're the crazy one. Someone needs to teach you how to live."