Chapter 8 - House party

Shopping with Megs was so much fun. We went in several different shops to find the perfect dress for my brothers house party tonight.

I ended up finding the most beautiful short white dress that had an open chest and a floaty skirt. It went well with my tanned skin and long blonde hair. I paired it with a pair of wedges and a silver bangle. Simple but effective I thought.

Meg found a red bodycon dress, and together we were going to make every boy at the party tonight look this way

Meg found a red bodycon dress, and together we were going to make every boy at the party tonight look this way. Apart from my brothers of course. Ewwww

Megs and I were busy getting ready in my room upstairs when we started hearing music and people arriving.

"Well bestie" I began "let's fucking do this" I exclaimed

"I'm so excited Harps. I think I want to drink. Like properly drink tonight. My mum said I can stay and life's to short. Shall we do it?" She asked me

My brothers have never let me drink before. Sure I've had sips here and there, I had been to parties too but I've always been to scared that I'd be so drunk that I'd be in serious trouble.

But then I thought.... this is OUR house party. They're letting me be independent. And maybe, just maybe, they'd let me learn my own lesson with this one. I've heard hangovers can be pretty bad.

"Bring it on" I giggled arm in arm with Megs as we walked out the door

"Let's fucking do this" meg screamed

••••••••••••••••••••••

It was about 10pm and the party was in full swing. I had ended up inviting a few friends from school. 7 to be exact. Just all the people that Megs and I tended to hang around with.

After dancing with Megs and the others for a bit, I went off to get another drink. I had had several drinks this night already. Mainly vodka, I never knew how amazing it tasted. I think my brothers hadn't noticed either.

"Um Harps? What do you think you're doing ?" I heard my brother Liam question from behind me.

"I'm enjoying myself Li. What are you doing?" I said giddily slinging my arm round his shoulder

I felt fine. Happy even. I don't think I was drunk. But definitely getting there.

"Just be careful Harper. I've seen a lot of boys eyeing you up tonight. I don't want to see you get hurt" he replied

"I know Li. Thanks for looking out for me. I'm sure I can handle it"

And with that I walked off in the direction of the bathroom. There was a queue so I decided to sit down on the stairs waiting. A few minutes later I heard a familiar yet annoying voice.

"Oooo Foxy you are looking HOT" said Noah loudly plonking himself down next to me.

"Thanks I guess Noah. But what are you doing here ?" I said confused. Noah was my year at school, but I didn't invite him.

"It's a party. Toby Fox is one of my new mates from football, it's his party and he invited me. And again, it's a party." Noah said trying to state the obvious

So Noah new Toby? Well I wasn't expecting this one. I guess they must play together in the over 16s squad.

"Noah what's my surname?" I asked

"Foxy, your names just Foxy." He began proudly "Oh shit, Harper Fox isn't it? You're Toby's sister. Toby's baby sister that he always talks about. No no no" he began

I was confused

"Ugh that means..." he continued but stopped short

"What does that mean Noah?" I asked very confused

"Nothing" I've got to go he replied getting up and walking in the direction of the back garden

After I peed I was going to go and find him. He owed me an explanation and I wouldn't mind seeing him in that sexy grey shirt he was wearing again.