Chapter 4 (back story pt.1)

Y/n's Pov

Today was my 5th birthday and my parents were packing me a small bag to take with me as I go to the forest. you see as a L/n it's tradition to get sent out into the forest at the age of 5 to find a animal companion to train as a ninja. Although the rest of the clan are normal I can talk to animals which is a good thing because my generation is fighting to be the head of the family and usually the position is given to the member of the family who obtains a wolf but unfortunately for me my older sister has a wolf which means if I want to beat her and every other kid in my family then I have to get a special wolf. My sisters wolf is a black and gray one with brown eyes, my clan loves those wolfs so the only way for me to win is if I get one That is really rare like a pure black wolf with red eyes or a albino wolf but with pale blue eyes instead of red. Not only are those wolves rare but they are also legendary my mom has told me stories "if you find a black wolf with red eyes you will be a powerful and unbeatable ninja and if you find a albino one with pale blue then you will be a good medical ninja and unhurt-able," both of those fates sound really cool but them my mom told me "But you don't ever want to find both for those who find both wolves will be destine to die three days after they meet." that scared me as a kid I didn't want to die but then again they were just stories or at least that's what I thought. when my parents walked me out of the house they said one final thing "don't forget you can't come back unless you have a animal if you do you know the rule we have to kill you on the spot." and with that I walked into the forest. I spent five days in the forest unable to find a wolf but there were other animals who wanted to be my partner but I refused because I wanted to be head I can't let my sister best me. I need to make my family proud, so I kept looking it was early in the morning and I finally found them a wolf pack and all of them were either pure black with red eyes or pure white with blue eyes. I approached them happy and excited but the biggest one charged at me and bared his teeth at me "friend or foe ?" he asked in a protective way "I'm a friend I won't hurt you." I said and he somewhat relaxes then asked "what are you doing here?" "My name is Y/n L/n i want one of you guys to be my wolf." I answered he then bared his teeth once more "I know about you L/ns and I refuse to give up anyone." he said I put up my hands in defense "You know I heard you were really hard to find?" I said changing the subject "yes well we hide from people like you so of course we'll be hard to find." I smile "That makes sense." I said then the wolf thought for a minute "wait so you can under stand me?" he asked sitting down "yeah I'm different from the rest of my family I was born able to speak with animals." I smile at him he then looks at me for a minute "what would your family do if you go home without a wolf?" he asks and I just shrug and say "they'll kill me." he then says "you humans are pretty stupid if your willing to kill your own just because they can't tame a beast." he said and got up and walked towards his pack I follow behind he looks at the others "two of you will go with this girl and live with her." he said the pack looks at one another. "but sir you said humans shouldn't be trusted" a pup said looking at me "I know what I said but this human is different she can understand us and if we don't help her then she will die."said the alpha "I don't really need two wolves one is enough." I said But the alpha has made up his mind "you will get two wolfs and that's final," he demanded he looks back at the pack "Midnight and Duke you will be going with this girl." he said and the rest of the wolves backed away from two pups one was a girl I'm guessing she's Midnight she had fur as black as coal and deep crimson eyes, the other wolf was a boy I'm going to guess his name was Duke he was also but a pup and he had pure snow white fur this pale icy blue eyes they were both very beautiful pups and even legendary pair but a pair that was to doom me, and I knew that but I was too happy to remember the tales my mother told me to take into consideration that this could be dangerous. I gladly accepted the two wolves from the generous alpha but I ask him a question "Why are you helping me?" I asked it was obvious that he didn't like humans and especially not my clan so why? "because I was once apart of your little clan I had to leave because my master was murdered by her own family and I was taken in by her killer only to be abused. You look a lot like my old master, she was a kind woman and she too had a gift of talking with animals." he said I hug the wolf and left with the two pups behind me excited to go home and show off that I'm finally better than my sister at something.

To be continued......