Chapter 20

When we reached the field, we showed Jacob "our spot." Every time there was a game, we would sit in a specific spot. Since this was Jacob's first football game, we were showing him where we usually sit. I sat down and waited for the game to start.

Our principal walked out to the center of the field as he always did. He chose to take this time to announce any school news or anything he had to say. He talked for what seemed like forever. He was nearing the end of his speech when something caught my attention. "And lastly, could I have Emma Wells to the front row?" I looked at my friends in confusion. I pointed to myself and and said, "Me?" They all shook their heads yes and pushed me down there.

I slowly made my way down. What was this about? Everyone was staring and whispering. Great, here we go with the whispering again. I sat down in the front row. Seriously, why do I have to change my seats just for a football game?

"Thank you." Our principal exited the field. I looked back up at my friends and mouthed, "Help!" They all laughed and pointed towards the field. The game was starting. All the football players ran out into the field. Liam smiled at me and I waved to him. 

All of the sudden the football players stopped and Liam was in the center of them. He had a football in his hand. He walked over to where I was sitting and tossed it to me. I caught it and read what was on it. (Pictured Above In Media.) I looked up at him. 

"Well, will you?" He looked at me and smiled. I hopped down and hugged him. This was all I had ever wanted. It was happening. I was happier than whenever my mom let me had thirds at dinner. "Yes!" Everyone started applauding and Liam ran back out to the field. 

I walked back to my friends and sat down with the football in my hands. "This is all I've ever wanted!" Vee grabbed the football from me and was gushing over it. "I wish a guy would do this for me!" Lilia grabbed my hand and dragged me away from the group. "Remember when Vee and I went to the bathroom? Or when I went missing from lunch the other day? Or when the whole school was 'talking' about you?" I looked around at everyone. 

"Shit. They all knew." Lilia laughed and we walked back over to the group. I took a picture of the football and posted it on my Snapchat. I captioned it with "❤️😊" I didn't care whether Stacey or any of her friends saw it. Nothing could change the way I was feeling. This was the best day ever.

The football game ended before I knew it. Jacob had said nothing to me. I walked down to go see Liam. I waited for him to freshen up and grab all his bags. He walked out of the locker room and saw me. He grinned and hugged me. 

"I was afraid you would say no. You know, breaking up with Jacob and everything. But I saw my chance and took it." I smiled at him and took his hand as we walked to the parking lot. "I've liked you forever, I've just been too scared to tell you." 

Liam stopped and looked at me. He took both of my hands and held them. "You're all I've ever wanted."

**

Word Count: 589

Hey guys! It's Emma again!! 💖 I can't wait for the next couple of chapters... it's gonna be exctingggg!✨😊

Q: What type of car do you have/want?

A: I know this isn't realistic, but I want a 2018 Audi Q7! 😭❤️