Chapter 1 - Birthday Girl

Branch woke up bright and early at 5:30 AM. It was the morning of August 9th, 2017 and was Queen Poppy's 22nd birthday. Poppy was Branch's best friend in the whole world. And one of his only friends. Even though it's been 10 months since he regained his true colors, he hasn't really made friends with all that may trolls. Poppy was the one he knew the best and wherever Poppy was seen, Branch wasnt too far away. Anyways, for this party, he was inviting everyone. EVERYONE. So whilst it was still dark, Branch visited every Pod except Poppy's and delivered invitations. Branch couldn't make invitations but he could print them. So he spent about an hour going all around the village delivering these invitations and by the time the sun had risen, he was just about done. Now it was almost 7 AM. And Branch knew that Poppy wakes up around this time. So he rushed to his bunker where he had prepared a special breakfast for her and went to her pod as fast as he could. If there was one thing Branch was good at, it was cooking. And he was a brilliant cook. He made eggs, bacon and pancakes in the shape of a smiley face for Poppy.

In Poppy's pod: Poppy woke up and yawned. Hair messy, eyes barely open and really sleepy. But being queen meant you gotta be up by 7 AM the latest. Branch was standing at the door way but she didn't notice. "Morning birthday girl!" He said smiling holding a tray with her breakfast. "(Yawn) Morning Branch." She replied sleepily. "I brought you little something." Branch said setting the tray down on the bed. "Aw Branch. Thank you! You didn't have to!" Poppy exclaimed in gratitude. "Don't mention it. You've been working really hard lately, since it's your birthday, it's time you took a break." Branch replied to which they both laughed. Little did Poppy know, Branch was doing something much more than just making her breakfast.