Chapter 10 - Finally Finding Her

The foot prints they came across were of similar size to a troll's. "Branch! Look!" Poppy said in excitement. "They look like Troll footprints." Branch added. "Let's follow them!" Poppy said. They followed the foot prints to a cave that was hidden. Poppy started walking towards it but Branch stopped her. "No, I'll go. I'm not taking a risk of losing anyone else in my life." He said. Poppy reluctantly agreed. "What's your mother's name?" He asked before going in. "My dad told me her name is Polly." Poppy replied. "Jeez, what's with your family and the letter P?" Branch asked sarcastically before heading into the cave. "Hello? Anyone here?" Branch asked. He got no reply. He walked further in. "Hello?" He asked again. "Who are you?" a female voice said. "My name is Branch. Do you go by the name of Polly?" Branch asked back. "Yes. Why do you care?" She replied. "Do you know anyone by the name of Poppy?" Branch asked. The voice came closer to reveal an elderly troll. She was pink and had grey hair. It was then that Branch knew, they had found exactly who they were looking for. "Yes I do. She was the most beautiful baby in the whole world. Now thanks to those horrid bergens, She's dead." The elderly troll said. "Well, Polly, I can tell you 2 things. 1, Those bergens aren't dreaded anymore. And 2, that so called most beautiful baby in the world isn't dead. She's right here." Branch said signalling to Poppy to come in. The elderly troll saw Poppy and ran to her. "Poppy!" She yelled. "Mom!" She yelled back before running to the elderly troll and giving her a big hug. Poppy cried tears of joy through the hug. "I always hoped that somehow, you were alive." Polly said still hugging her long lost daughter. The 2 broke from the hug. "And who might this be?" Polly asked looking at Branch. "Mom, this is Branch. My best friend in the whole world." Poppy said wiping tears off her face. "Nice to meet you Branch." Polly said. Branch nodded back smiling. The 3 shared a group hug. "Let's go home." Polly said before taking Poppy's hand and walking back to Troll Village with Branch following behind. As they walked back to the village, Branch just smiled. He was so overwhelmed with happiness at the fact that he had returned the favour that Poppy had done for him.