Chapter 6 - The Start Of An Epic Journey

The next morning, they were both prepared for the journey. Branch and Poppy were all packed and ready to go. Poppy and her dad were talking and were discussing how they would celebrate if she found her mother. Poppy said goodbye to her father and left with Branch following behind. They visited the Bergen castle to meet Gristle. "Hey Gristle." Poppy greeted. "Hey. Hope you're alright after yesterday." He replied. "Gristle I just wanted to... you know, thank you for not eating my mother. For not eating me. For not eating any of us. And second, do you have any specific locations as to to where you set her free?" Poppy asked. "Oh yeah I vaguely remember. Follow me." He replied. King Gristle lead the 2 trolls a few minutes outside of bergen town. "It was right around here." Gristle said putting the trolls on the ground. "Thanks for the help Gristle." Poppy said in gratitude. "Don't mention it. Good luck finding her." Gristle replied before heading back towards Bergen Town. "OK, we search slowly and thoroughly. Understood?" Poppy planned. "Yes definitely" Branch agreed. The 2 little trolls searched everywhere for anything that could hint as to where Poppy's Mother was. but it was no use. Night had fallen and it was getting dark. They'd searched every nook and cranny that they could see and there was no sign of Poppy's mother. Let alone any sign that there was anyone living there. Exhausted, the 2 trolls decided to stop for the night. Branch lit a campfire and Poppy laid out the sleeping bags. After having a chat about the day's travel, they decided to turn in for the night. But Poppy couldn't sleep. All she could do was stare at the picture she had. Branch noticed this. "You alright?" Branch asked. "Yeah, I just cant sleep." She Poppy replied. "Anything I can do to help?" Branch asked again trying to help out his friend in need. "Well, singing would be nice." Poppy reluctantly said. "(Scoffs) Easy." Branch replied. He started singing FireFlies By Owl City. A Song that helps him fall asleep all the time.

You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep

'Cause they'd fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere

You'd think me rude but I would just stand and stare

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs
As they tried to teach me how to dance

A foxtrot above my head

A sock hop beneath my bed

The disco ball is just hanging by a thread

I'd like to make myself believe

That planet Earth turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems (when I fall asleep)

Leave my door open just a crack

(Please take me away from here)

'Cause I feel like such an insomniac

(Please take me away from here)

Why do I tire of counting sheep?

(Please take me away from here)

When I'm far too tired to fall asleep (Haha)

To ten million fireflies
I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

But I'll know where several are
If my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar

I'd like to make myself believe

That planet Earth turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems (when I fall asleep)

I'd like to make myself believe

That planet Earth turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems (when I fall asleep)

I'd like to make myself believe

That planet Earth turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

Because my dreams are bursting at the seams

As Branch finished up the song, he turned around to see the little pink troll fast asleep. Hugging the picture of her mother. Branch chuckled. "Works every time." He said before going to bed himself.