Chapter 4 - Surprise!

Poppy and Branch walked up the castle and knocked on the big door. Bridget opened it. "Poppy! Branch! There you are!" Bridget exclaimed before picking the trolls up and hugging them. "Happy Birthday!" She added. "Aw thanks girl." Poppy replied. They walked towards the dining room. As Bridget opened the door, everyone yelled "SURPRISE!" As loud as they could. They threw confetti, and spray foam, and everything at Poppy. She was absolutely covered. Basically a troll Popsicle. Or Poppy-cle... ok I suck at jokes but anyways, she was in complete shock. "Yeah... Branch organized this..." Bridget said. Poppy wipes some of the foam of her face and stared at Branch. He just smiled awkwardly. Everything was silent. She had an angry look in her eyes. A look that Branch feared. "Wanna dance?" He asked trying to change the topic. She was joking with the angry stare of course. "HELL YEAH!" She replied while smiling. The 2 danced and sang their favorite song, September. "I can't believe you did this for me! 22 isn't really that big of a deal." Poppy said to Branch. "I know, but I wanted to throw a super special party for my super special friend." Branch replied. "Aw Branch. Thank you!" She said before giving him a hug. "Oh and this is for you. I would never forget to get you a gift." Branch said before handing her the gift he'd gotten her. "Branch, thank you! But you didn't have to get me anythi-" She was cut off by Branch. "Just open it." Branch said. She opened it and saw a gift that wasn't that significant physically. But emotionally, it was absolutely amazing. It was a necklace with a picture of Poppy and Branch and said "Best Friends Forever" on it. "OMG Branch I Love it!" Poppy exclaimed. "I was hoping you would." Branch replied. Poppy immediately put it around her neck. The party went on. They sang happy birthday and she opened some other presents. Then, when everything had settled down, King Gristle walked up to her. "Excuse me, Poppy, may I talk to you in private please?" He asked. Poppy obliged and they went to a room close by. "Ok I need to speak to you. First of, Happy Birthday. Now the other thing. I don't mean to offend you in any way, but do you know what happened to your mother?" He asked. "Yeah, my dad told me she was kidnapped the day before we escaped the troll tree and nobody knows what happened after so we just assumed she got... she got eaten." Poppy replied. "Well, about that, she's... She wasn't eaten. See she was about to get eaten but... My dad saw how distraught she was. And I lost my mother when I was very young so I know how you feel. My dad decided to let her go and set her free. And now that you're queen and all grown up, I thought you should know that, maybe she's still out there." He told the pink troll. Poppy didn't say anything. She just had tears all in her eyes and all over her face. She just ran out of the room. Gristle didn't say anything. He just watched her run. She was running home. Branch saw her and yelled her name. She didn't respond. He yelled louder but she again didn't hear. He ran after her after noticing she was crying. She ran all the way back to the village with Branch trailing behind.