Part 8

Steve

"No, you are not going out, its my fault, I'll face him" she insisted.

"Natasha!! How are you going to stop the hulk? Beside, he'll soon be barging in" I said, stepping off the bed. She is so stubborn, she grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"I won't let you go" she said. I jerked my hand, and she almost fell from the bed, but I caught her in time, "Its my duty to protect you" I said, and kissed her nose. She looked into my eyes, ever so innocently. And when I straightened her on the bed, she didn't protest, and I walked towards the door.

I opened the door to find Bruce fighting with the urge to turn into the hulk. It was such a messy, disturbing scene.

"See!! " Natasha appeared behind me, and peeked over my shoulder, probably on her tiptoes, "I can handle this" she said, stepping forward, but I caught her wrist, and pulled her into my arms, securing my arm over her belly, holding her protectively from behind.

"Bruce?!! Its alright, sun's getting real low" she said.

Bruce looked up at her, my arm around her belly tightened.

"Nat? Are you sure? " I whispered in her ear.

"Bruce!! " she stepped ahead, and I walked with her. She raised her arm, my heartbeat was high in my ears, sweat covered my forehead.

"Na.... Ta.. Sha! " Bruce raised his hand to reach her, and then collapsed on the floor.

"What did just happen? " I asked.

"I don't know " she said. We both looked at each other, with a weird face, and then started laughing.

"Jerk!! " she said, and kissed my cheek.

"I am your jerk" I said, kissing her jaw line, and then her neck. She blushed, her arms wrapping around mine.

Sam returned and he almost dropped his shopping bags.

"Oh God!! You both even defeated the hulk? Talk about craze" He rolled his eyes.

Natasha bit her lip, nervously, rubbing my arm with her hand.

"He collapsed" I said.

"Obviously, anyone who lives with you both, would " Sam said, "Now don't just stand there, go ahead, confess your love to each other, I cannot have a teenage couple romance under my roof with no name to it".

I was thinking of saying something, but she looked at me, and I looked at her.

"I love you" she said, giving me a very quick peck on the lips, taking me by shock.

Sam started laughing, and she started laughing, moving my arms she rushed back into the room.

"You are doomed, Cap" Sam said, "Now let's get this mess done with".

_____

Natasha

I went to talk to Bruce and bid him goodbye when he was sober.

"This is it, I guess" he said.

"Yeah, look Bruce, I am sorry, but.. I just... No one can make me as happy as he does" I said, "We wouldn't have worked, we both knew that all along didn't we".

"I guess we did. He understands you way better than I do. All the best, Nat" he said.

I smiled and we shook hands, like professional partners, and then he left. And I watched him go. Until Steve's arm was wrapped around my belly again.

"He'll be fine" he said.

"Yeah, I guess" I said.

"Now" he turned me, and I was trapped in his arms, "what did you say earlier? "

"About? " I raised an eyebrow, teasing him.

"Something about love" he said.

"Love is... For children" I said, putting my arms around his neck.

"Perfect!! Because you are still a child, at heart" he replied.

And I blushed. Of course, only he can make me blush like that.

"I love you too" he said, and I looked into his eyes, "I actually, really, truly love you Nat. You are the love of my life " his eyes had so much truth in them, that brought tears in mine.

"I know" I said, "I guess, I always did. And.. " I tiptoed to reach his lips, " I love you, too "

"Can this be.. Forever? " he asked.

"Yes" I replied, "because I can never even think of leaving you, or breaking your heart, Steve, I.. I adore you too much to do any harm. I.. I really love you" I said, appreciating my feelings for the first time.

"So? " he looked down, and his hand moved from my waist to his pocket, "Will you marry me? " he presented a ring.

"What?!!! " I freaked out, "Steve?! When? You? Oh my God! I... " I had tears of joy, fear, nervousness.

"Nat, don't think about anything else, kids, we can adopt, your madness, I can deal with, all I care is, having you for an eternity so.. " he sat down on one knee, "Natasha Romanoff, will you marry me? Will you change that surname of yours permanently to Rogers. Would you become Natasha Rogers? "

I smiled, my heart melted, he was there all along and I.. I was so stupid.

"Just like you... I can never say no.. To you" I said, "Of course, I will marry you" I held my left hand out for him.

He smiled widely, and slid the ring onto my ring finger, which was, a perfect fit.

"I love you" he said getting up, and pulling me close.

"I love you too" I said, blushing heavily.

"Tomorrow? " he said

"What?!! " Oh God, he was crazy.

"Marry me, tomorrow " he said.

"Why tomorrow? Let's do it now, Mr. Desperate " I said, "I take you as my lawful husband, and I promise to love you till the and of times"

"And I take you to be my wife, and promise to love, protect, and be yours till eternity " he said.

"I do" I said.

"I do" he said.

And we leaned closer to kiss, our lips met, then our tongues, our hearts were already one. And soon I was cradled in his arms, as he carried me back to our room, for the start of our happily ever after.

The End.

*****
I love this story.
Romanogers at their cutest best.
Do give your reviews.