life of the party

this stuff was good. it was addicting too.

"come on, tord. lets go do something fun."

they snaked around the crowd to a glass door that lead them to the outside. there was people, but just much less. the music was much louder out here, but still distant. he recognized the song, but couldnt exactly put a name to it. he had heard it many times before.

pouring all the lost boys another

there was many lights outside, and the backyard seemed to stretch forever. the farther you went, the more trees occupied the area. there was a path that lead into the forest. thats where tom was leading him.

never go to sleep ever thats for sure

the grass became a narrow strip of gravel as tom lead tord through shrubbery and twigs. tje music got louder.

well i forgot to

happy shouts and chatter of people became more distinct as they entered new lights. these colours were red, green and the classic yellow.

"where are we going?" tord asked.

"somewhere fun." tom responded, looking at tord with a grimace.

sliding down the curve of a corkscrew

the image became more visible. he saw a big hill that was cut off, below was a lake. he saw figures, people, running around or talking to eachother. he also saw figures diving from the mountain into the water. tord began to pace, turning to a trot. he turned around to the still walking tom,

"come on!"

tom ran next to him and challenged,

"race?"

"your on." since birds were very fast, tord was too, so racing was no problem.

catch you on a warm night

tom was fast, but not fast enough. tord sped infront of him, effortlessly. he would get there maybe two minutes before tom. and he did.

he waited at the clearing as tom came into view, panting, stumbling to his knees as he approached tord.

"how... did you... do that...?" tom asked.

"bird." tord responded, "now come on, lets go." tord dragged tom by his sleve over to the big hill that hung over the lake.

abnormally, tom regained his breath quickly. maybe this was just a human thing, but tord thought that was weird.

well dont you

he didnt pay much mind to it. he dragged to, through scattered people.

"so do you think if i go behind the hill i could fly up?"

tord didnt want to walk up the hill. it wasnt all that steep but it was pretty tall. it would be a lot of walking.

"just make it quick."

"i will take you." tord said as a token of his appreciation. he followed me around the hill, which took about a whole ten minutes. there were some people circling around the hill so they walked more than they should have.

tom and tord was deciding how this was going to work. he couldnt go back on his word. what was going to happen was practically impossible.

"what if you..." tom thought hard. "maybe if you sit on my back and try and fly it would work."

wanna see the sun swallow up the world?

that might be the trick. tord could be toms wings, but it would be difficult. he would need a lot of wing strength to do it.

it could happen, though. tord had very large wings, so maybe it was enough to carry both of them.

okay, sounds like a good plan.

tord jumped onto toms back, almost making tom fall over. tom held tords calves for support.

tord unwinded his wings.

"are you ready?" he asked.

"yeah."

tord pushed his wings down as hard as he could, and brought them back up. down and up, down and up. it took about fifteen full flaps before they both were about one metre off the ground. this was exhausting.

it took tord an entire fifteen minutes to bring him and tom half way up. they sat on ledge, tord completely out of breath.

"what do we do up there?" tord panted.

"jump off the edge into the water."

"are you going to?" tord regained his breath.

"oh, god no."

tord looked at him with shock.

"i did not bring you up here for nothing. you are jumping off with me."

"no."

"yes."

"no."

"yes."

"no."

"yes."

"yes." tom mistaken, "wait i mean-"

"ha! you are."

"nooo."

tord got up.

"come on, let go."

he pulled tom up and jumped on his back in the process.

"run off the edge."

"what?"

"run off the edge. it will be quicker."

"no!"

tord forced his wings back, causing tom to lurch forward, amd just as tord planned he jumped, giving them both a running start. tord snapped his wings down, and it sent them flying upward. faster than expected.

(Mitya Era)

They got to the top in record time. Landing behind a tree, Tord stored his wings and fell off of Tom's back, landing on his feet like a cat.

Tord dragged Tom by the wrist and brought him to the ledge, where crowds were gathered to watch people jump. Tord brought Tom to the crowd. Tom tried pulling back, but Tord's force was too much.

Tord was offered one of those red cups with the good stuff in it. He was not hesitant to take it and chug it down in a matter of seconds. Tom slapped the cup out of his hands just before Tord could finish it.

Pushing through the crowd, Tord led Tom to the edge. The crowd roared with anticipation, for the two were the first people brave enough to do it in a while. Tord stood over the edge and looked down into the glistening pool of murky blue water. There was maybe a 300 ft drop for Tord to conquer. Fun.

"Tord!" Tom yelled over the crowd, "get away from there!"

Tord looked back at him with a rebellious smile. Taking a couple steps back as Tom rushed to him in an attempt to stop him, Tord took a running start.

Watch it all unfold, every scene!

The bird genes in Tord worked even without the wings. He couldn't fly without them, but he could levitate in the air for a couple seconds before gravity caught up.

He gracefully laid in the air like a bed, his head and feet curved upward and his arms sailed behind him. Tom jumped after him, but immediately fell.

Once Tord felt the gravity kick in, he angled his body completely downward to catch up to Tom. Tom was screamimg his head off, his back to the water (about 200 feet below by now) trying to grab for Tord. When at arms length, he grabbed Tord and spun them both around so that Tom was on top of Tord.

Silence, Tom stopped screaming.

Now it was just Tom's calm eyes narrowed down on Tord. Lust.

Tom's hand lost in Tord's mullet, and his other on Tord's lower back.

Tord's legs wrapped around Tom's waist. His hands draped around Tom's neck.

He felt like he was flying, even without the wings.