winged wonder

Tord woke up with knowledge of another fun human adventure. Also the smell of food. 

He jumped out of bed and ran down the hallway like a little kid, wings behind him as he sprang down the stair, flapping his wings one or two time before he landed on his feet with a thump.

"Happy, are you?" Tom asked, flipping pancakes on a hot pan.

"What are we doing today?" Tord shook his wings out.

"What do you want to do?"

"Take me somwhere."

Tom thought for a moment, but proceeded to prepare breakfast.

"I have just the place."

Breakfast went by in a snap. Tord wolfed down 11 pancakes (he had to consume much food due to bird DNA in order to reach potenial energy) in less than 7 minutes. He was very excited for a new day.

(end of mitya era)

"i never knew you ate that much." tom said as they entered toms home vehicle.

"i am a bird."

"i dont study birds. how would i know?"

tord thought for a moment. he felt like he had something to say to that, but did not know exactly what.

until

"so then why were you studying me?" a question that meant a lot. and an answer to think about. tord knew this could go wrong.

tom tapped the steering wheel as he put the key in the ignition, and his foot on the pedal. he turned it with force, and the car sputtered to life. tord could smell the faint gas fumes that came from the back of the car.

"i want to study birds."

tom craned his head back as he pulled out of the narrow gravel driveway and onto solid road.

"so im just something to study?"

tom didnt look at tord. his eyes were fixed on the winding road and the few cars that passed by.

"no."

"right. im an experiment."

"not just an experiment."

"what else? how else did i get wings? im not just any human being. im winged. and i know shit about anything and everything, and white shirts scare me, i cant read well, or speak for that matter, i cant remember anything past a couple years ago, i dont remember what or who my parents are, my old friends, where i lived... im just not--- normal. why i walk this planet is unknown."

"tord, everyone has a purpose. you just havent found yours."

"tom! im 17, i think, when will i find one? it must be too late."

"never is late."

tom was being difficult. or maybe tord was, he didnt know.

"you seem normal to me." tom said. and tord shattered.

"seem normal! oh, tom where have you been this past month. have you not seen wings emerge from my back? how i can reach high altitudes and not suffocate? how i can consume so many calories and not gain a single pound?"

he didn't know what to say nor do, but just stared at tord. the road meant nothing to him now.

silence. and tord sliced it with his razor sharp words.

"pull over."

tom obeyed, sensing tords anger.

and once the car slowed down to a stop, tord burst out and slammed the door. tom got out aswell and yelled,

"tord! come back, now!"

tord spread out his wings, but before he could take off into the trees to hopefully never be seen again, tom lightly tugged his shirt.

tord spun around.

"what?!" he exclaimed, furious.

"tor-"

"am i still normal? am i not the only kid with wings to walk this planet?"

tom was silenced, but not the same expression as usual. he was neutral, but more positively.

"and youre not."

then, all of the sudden tom emerged large, silky black wings from his back.

and tord wasnt the only one.