Red Cup Magic

That is, before the air became ungodly chilly. Water was near. If they both hit the water like this, someone could get hurt or even die. And there was only one way he could say them both.

At the last few moments, he snapped out his wings and pushed down to slow the fall. Dark, cold water separated the two from this magical moment.

Tord surfaced, wiping the water off his face. Tom came up after him.

"That was fun." Tom said, wiping his face.

"Come on," Tom added, "lets go. I'm cold."

There was just one problem. Wings.

Tom started to swim away, Tord following him. Tom dragged himself out off the gross water, while Tord stayed where his wings could be hidden.

"Hey, you coming?" Tom called out. Tord looked at him with a needy face, halfing his eyes and frowning. Tom looked at him, as the sudden realization hit him like a summer's wave at the beach. Then he slumped over and halfed his eyes. He looked around in search of a safe way to get Tord out of the water safely.

Tord treaded water impatiently.

"Okay, okay." Tom thought aloud. "Maybe if we... behind that tree?" He pointed to a large tree that planted near the water. It was large enough to hide Tord and his large wings.

"Good enough." Tord replied, lazily swimming to the tree. He still had the abnormal speed in water. He was there in no time.

In a snap, Tom pulled Tord out of the water and lead him behind the tree. Tom spun him around and started poking and prodding at his drenched wings.

"How are we going to get you out of this? Out of here?" He overreacted, lifting up Tords wings. Tord turned around.

He shook off his wings.

"Didn't you say the red cups made people not think? If they see me, they would think its just their mind."

"Thats is correct. But we cant risk if someone isn't drunk. Or if someone comes from District."

District. That was the place that was after Tord and his rare ability. They could be anywhere, but here is probably the last place they would think Tord is.

And drunk. Tord could onky assume it was what people called the effects of a red cup.

What a colourful word.

"Its the only way I, and possibly you, can think of. Any chance you have something better?" Tord sassed.

"No, not really. Lets at least just try to cover them." Tom took off a cotton jacket and gave it to Tord, who put it on sluggishly. It refused to cooperate, since it came out of the gross lake. It stuck to his skin. But it did the job, since Tord was able to tuck his wings to his skin tightly, it just looked like he had back problems. Which was many times better than abnormal wings.

The two shivering friends took the path back into the loud and crowded backyard. Tord accumulated as many of the red cups as he could, and chugged what he could before Tom snatched it.

They met Toms friends, Edd and Matt, back in the house. They were effected by the red cups, slurring their words and clinging onto each other in an attempt to stay on their feet.

"T-Thomasss!" Matt yelled, as him and Edd stumbled towards the two.

"Leaving s...." Edd looked at the ceiling with a face of utter horror and blanked out for a solid minute, which seemed like an eternity. He snapped back into focus and comtinued, "...o s-soon?"

"Yeah, Edd." Tom said, pushing Edd away since he kept inching closer. "You have had too much to drink, huh?"

"No." Edd suddenly stood up straight with his hands at his sides like a loyal soldier. Tom was right when he said these cups did not make you think, because it was clear that Edds sense was placed in another dimension. Edd stood there, silent, and Matt wandered off somewhere. To Tom, this meant it was time to go.

"Okay, good bye Edd." Tom said, grabbing Tords hand and pulling him through the crowd toward the exit.

Getting outside was like hearing that Tord was not the only one with wings. Relief. It was easier to breath, and there was more room and less people to bump into. Tord began to feel a bit groggy and tired. He wanted to sleep.

Tom pulled him along until they reached Toms familiar vehicle.

"So that was fun, huh?"