Introduction

AN: Once again, I do not own any characters from Once Upon a Time or the elements for the mermaid world that I based mine off of from H2O: Just Add Water. Sirena, this plot, and the rest of the mermaid world are of my own creation. Please do not steal or copy!

A young girl laid, stretching out in a tree near the shore. I say young, but she only appears to be so. The woman, had you asked her age, wouldn't have been able to tell you, though. She had been on this island for longer than she cared to keep track of. She also had no one to talk to, so she never had a reason to celebrate a new year or birthday. The unaged woman was the only one on the mystical island besides the mischievous boys she tried to avoid.

That is - until the ship appeared one day. The maiden watched it from afar, excited to see some new faces. She hoped that she might be able to talk to one of the men on the ship one day. Her voice had remained unused after the many years she had to herself in silence. That is - until she remembered why she left her friends, family, and all humans years ago, the panic and shame she felt. She was a failure, and she needed to avoid the inevitable. She must avoid any person she came across as long as she could, so she fled to the place where time stands still. She went to a place where the lost belong. She escaped everything in Neverland.