Chapter 6

Recap:

"If we are going to work together, I suppose introductions are in order, lass." He bows in a jesting manner, "Captain Killian Jones at your service, milady. However, most people call me Hook," he states, brandishing his hook with a mischievous look in his eyes.

She returns a whimsical smile, curtsying deeply. "And I, dear captain, am called Sirena." She stands back up and they meet eyes, laughing sincerely.

  ----------------------------

Hook had suggested to Sirena that she should stay in a spare cabin for the night but she refused. She claimed that she must get her things from her cave. He was suspicious that she was still intent on leaving but agreed when she promised to return. She left through the porthole and swam back to Neverland's sand. She dried herself and began the journey to her makeshift dwelling. A smile was on her face from renewed hope for the future, until she heard the smug, familiar voice sound behind her.

"Well, well, well. The little fish girl can smile! I ought to make note of the day I saw such a sight!" he teased.

"Then why did you show up to chase it away?" she retorted, a scowl gracing her lips as it always does when Pan makes an appearance.

"I am hurt, Rena," he claims as he puts a hand on his chest. "I used to be the reason you wore one. But I guess times have changed," he raises an eyebrow and crosses his arms as she glares at him.

"I told you to forget about that, Pan," she spits.

"But I had so much fun! I know you enjoyed yourself at times, too," he purred as he walked closer with a cocky look in his eyes. He placed his hand on a tree behind her as he leaned over the girl.

"Pan!" she growls, shoving him away. "Just leave me alone. I'm tired and it's been a long day," she continues walking home with a faster pace.

"Alright, then, Rena. Just remember: never be quick to trust a pirate!" he hollered at her as she sprinted away. He smirked to himself and crossed his arms as he watched her run. "She'll be running to me soon enough."

----------------------------

Sirena awoke the next morning to the odd sensation you feel when someone is staring at you but you can't see them. She rips her eyes open to see Pan's face right next to her own as he crouches next to the head of her cot.

"Pan! What the devil do you think you are doing?" she screams at him in anger. She bolts upright and pulls the blanket around her shoulders to cover her further.

"I only was seeing if my message made it to you last night," he replies, standing slowly. He starts walking around the small cave, taking in her few possessions.

"What message?" she groans. He only shrugs as he continues to observe her belongings. "How did you find me here? I never let you see it!" she realizes, glaring at his back.

"Really dearie, you don't think I know where you are at any moment? I know everything that happens on Neverland, Rena," he responds, turning to face her as he sits on a small table.

"Pan!" she sighs, exasperated.

"Yes, Rena?" he returns with a mischievous grin as he crosses his arms.

"One, I already told you that you can't call me that anymore!" she reiterates. "And two, what message? Your little warning about Hook?"

"Ah, yes the good captain. I guess I shouldn't say good, though. He's not the best character I know. But no, not that message," he spiels.

"Because you would know the highest quality of people, wouldn't you?" Sirena interrupts, standing from her bed as she pulls her corset tight. She rolls her eyes as she then begins to pack her things. Pan watches her intently as she holds a picture frame for a minute instead of placing it in her satchel. She shakes her head to clear her thoughts and continues, turning to the unrelenting boy. "Now what message?"

"I guess you'll never know, darling. I hope you had sweet dreams last night," he shrugs, flashing a wink to her before disappearing. As soon as he is gone, it all comes rushing back to her. The dream, or message as Pan claims plays before her eyes.

She was standing in a dark room that seemed to not have any walls. Suddenly, Hook burst through a door that appeared from nowhere. A bright light shone from her heart as she floated to the sky, away from the shocked pirate on the ground. The light grew until she disappeared from sight, but that was all that she saw before Pan woke her.

The mermaid leans against the edge of her table, panting for a moment. She gasps for air one last time before sitting up straight. She shakes her head to remove the strange sight from her thoughts. The mermaid finishes gathering her things before leaving the cave. Serina resolves to ignore it because it seems to be some sort of trick of Pan's to scare her. A small part of her urges her to keep it in mind, though. She groans to herself, closing her eyes as she continues to walk to the beach and forget the dream.

AN: Woah, two scenes this chapter! Please comment with any theories as to what you think happened between Pan and Sirena! Like and vote if you are enjoying the story so far!