Chapter 50

Recap:

"Lass, don't do this. This isn't you. We'll handle it if she comes for us, but she is stuck for now so let's take the victory and go."

She concedes, putting her sword in her sheath again. "Remember this, witch. I will not have mercy if you fail to heed my warning." She turns to her crew, "Let's go, men."

Elphaba has the group circle up as she casts the spell to get them out of Wonderland. "Jump in everyone, we're going to Oz!"

----------------------------

The group cheers, fully enjoying the success of their mission now that they are safe. The two mermaids pull each other into a crushing hug. It had been only a short time, but they were sisters by choice and Sirena's capture devastated her sister. Once they release each other, Sirena hears a murmur in her ear.

"Where's my hug?" Hook teases her, a devilishly handsome smirk on his face. The mermaid's face lights up and she throws her arms around his neck. He lets out a chuckle, happily holding her tight. "I still can't believe that we both bargained for your freedom with the dagger. I guess great minds think alike,"

"Ah, but fools rarely differ. So which one are we, captain?" She shoots back with a wink.

The pirate chuckles and places a palm on her cheek. Sirena leans into it with a smile. "I think we are great minds, although I'm a fool for you," he jokes, pulling her into a sweet kiss. Viviane is the first to notice the happy couple and lets out a whistle. The men notice and holler friendly jabs at them.

"Get a room, lovebirds!"

"Atta boy, Captain!"

"Atta girl, Sirena you mean!" a voice counters and the crew laughs.

----------------------------

Now they must return the dagger to the Dark One. They leave the crew with the Jolly Roger and prepare to swim to the Dark One's castle. Sirena says her goodbyes to Elphaba and Fiyero before they return to their hideout. She gives them a tight hug and promises to visit them in Oz before they disappear in a cloud of green smoke.

"Are you guys ready?" Sirena asks Hook and Belle.

"Ready to go hurtling through the water to the Dark One? That's a word for it," Belle replies.

"Hey, we are going to leave that castle as free women. He can't hurt you anymore," the mermaid comforts her. Belle nods to confirm that she is ready.

Everyone goes to the shoreline and walks into the shallows. Viviane will take Belle and Sirena will take Killian so all parties are there for the bargain. They arrive at a new shore in a mere moment. Viviane and Sirena use their magic to dry everyone off and they walk to the door. It opens before they reach the threshold of the castle.

"Hello, dearies." the Dark One giggles. "I believe you have something for me?"

Sirena pulls the dagger from a thigh holster and twirls it in her hand so the handle faces him. "One dagger for the freedom of Belle and I. I think that's a fair trade."

The crocodile explodes into a fit of laughter. "Well, it frees Belle here, dearie. But I was expecting a certain hourglass from your pirate for your freedom."

"But we brought you your bloody dagger instead," Hook growls.

"Correction, she brought me the dagger. You haven't brought me anything."

"Taking the hourglass from Neverland would destroy that world. That hourglass is what is keeping it alive," Sirena seethes. Her thoughts fly to her boys, worry for their safety filling her mind.

"And that is a bad thing?"

"That is your father's home! There are innocent boys on that island!"

"And why should I care?" he screams. "He left me behind when I was still a child!"

"You are no better than he is," she counters, stepping in front of him. "You abandoned Baelfire. And now you want to kill a bunch of children. What do you even want with the hourglass?"

"That is my business. One way or another, I'll get that power."

Sirena spins around to Killian and says a quick apology to him before plucking a hair from his head. She then does the same to herself before conjuring a bottle and placing the hairs inside. She shakes it and the strands intertwine and begin to glow fuchsia. "Here. Whatever you need that power for, this should do the trick." She throws the vial to the crocodile. "Now are we even?"

Rumplestiltskin hums, investigating the potion. He takes his time considering his options. "You are incredibly clever, girlie. I suppose this substitution will suffice. You both are free to go."

The group exhales in relief. Sirena, Viviane, and Killian turn to leave the realm and return to their crew. Belle stays in place though.

"Belle? Are you coming?"

"I think I'll stay here. I don't have anywhere else to go," she supplies.

"You could come with us if you want," Vivaine suggests.

"Thank you, but I'll be fine here," Belle confirms. She catches Sirena's eye and the mermaid nods in understanding. She hugs the girl.

"If anyone can bring out the good in the Dark One, it's you," Sirena whispers. "If you ever need me, just send a message in a bottle. It will find its way to me and I'll be there in a flash." Belle nods and gives her a heartfelt smile and the women part ways.