Release; Slumber.

I walk parallel with the operative nurse, following her in what I presume is the direction of Dr Richards' office, the baggy blue scrubs that line her skin are freshly washed, making me assume that her shift has just started, "Dr Richards has just finished up surgery, he will be here in a few moments."

She leaves me waiting in his office, the country's leading surgeon has my life in his hands, he either has good news or bad, and I'm desperately hoping it's the prior; Dr Richards' office is nothing other than guessable, his mahogany desktop has an unused sheen and the entire room smells like new leather, something I'm almost certain that his leather buttoned armchair is responsible for. A sense of opulence reigns down through the atmosphere and for a split second it feels like I'm back at school in the head teachers office waiting to be scorned, my thoughts drift to Odette, she never went to school, I bet she would have loved anything like this.

"Mr Styles." His voice shakes me and I realise that I've been staring into space for a good ten minutes.

"Harry, please."

"Harry," he starts, "please take a seat." His hand motions to a chair opposite on the other side of his desk, the very same one that Odette sat in earlier today; an eerie chill chases through my entire body, fully aware that that very hand was rummaging around with my wife's head earlier, I attempt to stop the nausea in my stomach from making a sudden appearance, I'm still not over the brass attitude from the woman before. "I've just brought you in here to discuss the surgery, how things went, your wife's progress etcetera." I goad him with a small nod, no tangible words able to escape me due to me holding a deep breath, "your wife is perfectly fine."

Release.

He chuckles at my long exhale, I'm sure he deals with family members like this all the time, "surgery was a complete success, the bilateral implants have been placed and Miss LeFerve seems to be taking everything well. Dr Williamson has woken her up from the anaesthetic and we have both spoken to Odette briefly. Now, she will face quite a few testing side affects from the surgery especially considering she has had two implants. These could be dizziness, nausea, balance problems and her ears may leak with puss occasionally but all of this is completely normal. She will need plenty of rest and support, we will be keeping her overnight for observations but you will be able to take her home tomorrow, and she can start back at work in about a week."

"Okay, that's great news. I can't believe it's finished," I breathe, thinking distantly about mine and Odette's future. "So is that it? Can I see her?"

"I have to warn you as a precautionary of all of the negative side affects, this could be anything from nerve damage to infection, either of which could cause lasting damage, as long as she is taken care of and removed from any possible harmful bacteria she should be fine, we will check her reactions tomorrow regarding the nerve damage and hopefully we should know by then." I take in his explanation with a heavy heart - that's the thing with surgery, there are always repercussions, but I suppose you can't get good without knowing about the bad.

"Understood, thank you Dr Richards. On behalf of Odette, myself and the rest of her family and friends we're so grateful for your help. This will change her life, and I really appreciate you playing such a vital part." I shake his hand once more, another shiver running through me but I block the thought, taking leave from his company and rushing as quickly as I can back to Odette's room.

As my feet pad against the hospitals scraped laminate floor I see a crowd of people outside of Odette's room, my familiar group of friends having been told to leave due to her arrival. My aching lungs pant as I reach them, my feet burning from the unlevelled floor and my eyes soaring at her whereabouts, she's safe, she's right behind that door. "Hi mate, everything okay?" Ben asks, his mind probably as frantic as mine was earlier, and now it's my turn to calm him down.