Too Soon Niall; No News.

The first hour has been the hardest so far, the second wasn't too bad as Niall, Amy and Eleanor turned up after they finished work and have been keeping me company; it has been testing, Ben decided to visit and has been taking my mind off of the worry that seems to have consumed me today, all in all I'm still pretty stressed out.

"Apparently the have to shave her head for it," Eleanor starts, staring at the floor in a daydream, "she'll hate that."

"I don't think she'll be too concerned with what her hair looks like in all honesty." Niall retaliates. I sit and listen in on their discussion about the kinds of things Odette will be facing in there as I wait impatiently on an old plastic hospital chair, my legs jittering second by second for any news.

"The LeFerve party?" A nurse asks looking down at a clipboard that most likely contains Odette's notes. Is she okay? Has something happened during surgery? They're only halfway through, surely they can't be done, something must have ha- shut up you babbling idiot! Let the woman speak, my subconscious scorns, his hand rubbing against his aching forehead, the headache most definitely caused by my agonising thoughts.

"Yes thats me, thats us." I stand urgently and rush to her, my bloodshot eyes scatty for any updates.

"Her room is ready if you would like to wait there." She steps away and keeps a distant length from me.

Without thinking I take the same pose as my unconscious from moments ago, stop stressing Harry, she's fine. "Harry calm down, she'll be fine." Ben echoes my thoughts and we follow behind the nurse to Odette's private hospital room. "Sit there." Ben orders as the nurse leaves us, he points to the armchair beside the vacant space that Odette's bed will lie, "now just try to relax, I know you're stressed out mate but you're starting to scare people." His hand claps my shoulder and seconds later he sits with the others on the opposite side of the room.

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just, if anything goes wrong then this is my fault, you know? I'm just stressing out for her."

"Why the hell would it be your fault?" Ben questions with a completely bewildered expression, his attitude portrays me as a crazy man and I don't think he's far from the truth.

"I was the one that organised this, it was my idea, and if it goes wrong then I'll never forgive myself."

"Harry, how could it possibly go wrong? Odette has nothing to lose, it's not like she can be more deaf. This is the best opportunity that Odette has had in a long time, if it doesn't work, so what? At least we tried, but if we don't then we'll never know." His voice of reason explains.

"Yeah, and if Odette didn't want to do it Harry then she wouldn't, regardless of if it were you that asked her." Amy juts in, reminding me of Odette's incredible stubbornness and constant perseverance.

A huff releases from my lips and my arms cover the tired eyes that I have been overworking all day, "I know you're both right. It's just, that's my wife you know? The person I'm spending the rest of my life with."

"Fiancé mate, she still has time to change her mind." Niall chuckles, forgetting about the clear irony of his words. My heart rips at the thought and I leave him with a breathy uncommitted smile.

I close my eyes and tilt my head back but am still able to hear Amy's whisper from the corner of the room, "too soon Niall, too soon," followed by a 'oh shit' after a certain someone realises what they have just said.

"After everything Odette has been through Harry, I think this surgery will be an easy feat for her."

"I know, thanks Ben, I needed that."