Singeing Eyebrows; Wedding To Plan.

"How are the reports coming along Jack?" I listen in as Miller speaks to someone regarding the new expansion; turns out that my 'hypothetical' views on the northeast expansion weren't hypothetical at all, and all of my superiors seem to be crunching the numbers and pulling the strings to erect my vision, it's pretty incredible really when I think about it, that one small idea I happened to have during a water break at work has turned into our next big project. "And what about the contractors? Are they on board?" He argues once again, ensuring that everything will go as smoothly as possible, I feel sorry for jack - I don't really think he knows who he's dealing with.

I do my best to ignore the conversation and focus on my own work, Miller asked both myself and Ethan to work closely with him today, the meeting room is currently full with the other branch managers and Mr Perth so I have been summonsed into the CEO's office itself - the interior is just as I remember it but now it seems to shine a different light considering I know it's owner more amicably. "Harry do you have the folder from yesterday with your estimates?" Ethan asks, I pass the folder to him from under my sheet of paper, the table nowhere near as good enough as my previous leaning source. "And the email from Mr Cole?"

"It's in there. Second to last plastic wallet." With a nod he begins to type them into his spreadsheet, preparing a phone call seconds later. My mind drifts as always, work has been hectic so far this morning, I feel like no matter what I do I never seem to be focusing on anything - I am completely distracted, and quite rightly so, yesterday was testing for everyone and it hasn't eased my nerves knowing that a day after fainting, my beautiful neighbour has started back up at work.

"Amy!" I wave to her as her eyes scatter around the room in search for someone familiar, the whites of her eyes are an unrecognisable red and her cheeks have puffed to a point that I've never seen before, she is terrified and guilt-ridden, something that I can wholeheartedly relate to. "Hey," my arms wrap around her body and her reaction is to cry, cry until her body shakes so nervously that she can't physically control it anymore. "Shh, it's going to be okay, she'll be okay." My attempt at soothing is futile as she can most likely hear my racing heart, but nevertheless, I have to be strong for her - like people have been for me.

"Harry," her breath hitches and stutters, trying to summon the right words for me, "I'm so worried. I left her for two seconds I swear." Her cries continue and I feel the deep ache in my heart burn for her, she is hysterical, beside herself that she has done something wrong.

"I know, it's okay." I shush into her ear, my warm breath becoming a calming ritual for her and the rocking of my body acting as a sweet and silent lullaby.

"They took her in for tests, I can't believe this is happening." Amy's breath hitches and she refrains from allowing her soulful sobs to return.

"Harry?" I turn around and face a familiar man, Odette's cochlear implant surgeon Dr Richards stands before me with a chart in his hand and a stethoscope wrapped around his neck - a very stereotypical image of a doctor really. "Hey mate, what are you doing here? Everything okay?"

I shake his hand in welcome. Perhaps he could help us find some information out, I hear my subconscious scheme, "not really, Odette fainted. We don't know why, one minute she was fine and the next she wouldn't wake up."

His brows furrow, most likely scanning through all of the surgical symptoms in his mind and eliminating them one by one, after a few moments his expression changes to a more confused one and suddenly, with his lack of reassurance I finally begin to panic, my once cool interior melting like a shard of ice on a hot summers day; "I'll go and check on her. I'll be with you in a moment." He murmurs a few words to the receptionist and is pointed in the direction of my future wife.