Visitors; To Leave Me Alone.

I work through lunch as always, I don't think that I have had an occasion in the last six months that I have eaten lunch in work without it being handed to me by William - although, Odette seems to have found out that I haven't been eating lunch four out of five days a week and has made it her new mission to supply me with daily lunches; however when I woke up this morning without any lunch and I stared down at my peaceful fiancé sleeping soundly in our bed, I just didn't have the heart to disturb her, deciding that one more day without lunch won't do me any harm.

My desk is inviting as I plonk myself down in the swivelling chair and wiggle the computers mouse, waiting countless seconds before it finally decides to come to life; Miller has already emailed me the spreadsheets he created earlier this morning, the whole expansion project is going as well as I'd planned - even after a day, the proposal seems to have taken off massively. Everyone in the meeting has gotten to work in their specific fields, Mr James held a meeting with the CFO and the COO both of whom have made the expansion a priority.

I begin to transfer the data in front of me, the white page and black letters merging into one after a while, I feel like this is the only thing I've been doing today, staring at mindless words and meaningless numbers. Once printed I place it in my file in preparation for my next meeting, Miller has informed me that I will be attending a meeting with a potential investor, and another meeting this afternoon with a food chain that we are eager to have in the already purchased land so preparation seems to be our most important ally. My office phone blares out and I'm interrupted from the incessant grey mush on my computer screen. I press the speaker button, "Styles."

"Mr Styles you have a visitor." A voice which I can only presume is our front desk receptionist on the first floor - after finally locating the source of the voice I think back to what she has said, it's very rare that I get visitors, and I find it suspicious.

"Did you take a name?"

"Yes!" I hear her smile enthusiastically as if she'd just figured it all out. "The name is...oh, it just says Mrs Styles."

I smile involuntarily when I realise just who has come to visit me, the fact that she has written my name on the sign in book has my heart soaring and I have to contain the blood that races through my aching veins, it's a reminder that she's mine, and I'm hers completely. "Send her up please."

"She's already on her way sir."

I wait patiently for Odette's figure to appear in my view, and after pacing and glancing around the doorframe I'm almost positive that she's doing exactly as I've asked and to take it easy today, she due to start work in an hour just for the afternoon and I have never been as apprehensive in my life. After a few minutes she waltz' happily into my office, her scent wafting through the room and filling my sense as if I were walking into my own home, the comfort she brings me is incredible, no matter where I am; Odette skips over to me unable to contain her excitement and I am engulfed in her arms, smothered by peppered kisses. Oh how I love this woman. "Ugh I have missed you." I embrace her tightly and kiss the smooth skin along her neck, the warm tickle of her necklace against my lips as I kiss anywhere I can find.

'I brought you lunch.' I think back to our conversation yesterday and should have known better as to doubt her, she would always have found a way to bring me some lunch. 'I made chicken cordon bleu roll-ups,' it's handy having a notarised cook as your future wife, her cooking never ceases to amaze me, Odette is always experimenting with flavours, but you can never beat a traditional French dish and she's picked one of my all-time favourites. She places one of our plates from home in front of me, as well as cutlery, everything well thought of and presented perfectly in front of me, I feel like a high-end restaurant has decided to come by my office and make my lunch.