Chapter 3

Hermione's pov

We'd walked into the infirmary only to find Millie not in her bed. Everyone looked around until Ron spotted her in a corner, Sat rocking herself, hands over her ears.

We all rushed over, Harry and Ron first, with me, Fred and George not far behind. All sitting by her side, we tried to calm her down.

"I heard voices..." Millie said, in barely a whisper. She sounded so scared.
"What voices?" I asked.
"They told me to kill..."
"Kill who?" Ron asked her.
"You." That's all she replied with, staring straight into Ron's eyes.

Nobody said anything after that. We, by we I mean Harry, carried her back to her bed, and let her sleep. I stayed overnight.

~

It was 5 days after the little incident and Millie was out of the hospital, perfectly fine. She had only had 1 class with Umbridge and already hated her. Giving her and Harry detention because they argued with her about You-know-who being back. Stupid if you ask me.

Millie' s pov

That night me and Harry went to detention with Umbitch, ahem, I meant Umbridge. Sorry. Anyways, when we arrived she sat us down. As we took out our quills, she stopped us.

"Oh no. You'll be using one of my special quills today." She said in her most irritating voice ever. We slowly took them from her and sat, pondering for a moment.
"Umm, Miss we don't have any ink" I said to her.
"You won't need any ink," me and Harry glanced at each other for a second," Now I want you to write, I must not tell lies."
"How many times?" Harry asked.
"Well let's say, until the message sinks in." She replied, giving us a fake smile and walking back to her desk.

We began to write our lines until my hand started burning. I looked down and saw words being engraved into my hand. Not just words, it said I must not tell lies. So that's what she meant by sink in. Literally, sink into our hands. I looked up at Harry and saw he was looking at his hand where the words were too.

After our detention, I stormed out of her office and straight back to the common room, not even talking to Harry. He must have taken a detour because when I stopped to see if he was still with me, he wasn't anywhere to be found.

I kept going and crying. My hand hurt so bad. I couldn't bear the pain, and collapsed on the floor hitting my head against the wall. My head started to ache really bad. That's when I heard a voice,

"Potter? Why are you out now? And why are you laid there?" It was Malfoy.

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. He looked confused but soon scrunched up his face,

"Don't think I'm gonna help you, why would I anyways?" He retorted. I stayed silent and instead lifted up my hand, and showed him what Umbridge did.

"What the hell happened?" He asked me, calming down a bit and walking to me. What? Is this a different Malfoy or something?
"U-Umbridge gave me detention and then this happened." I said back, in between sobs.
"C'mon." He helped me up, much to my surprise and helped me walk back to the common room. On the way there, I asked him;

"Why are you helping me Malfoy? I was fully capable of coming here by myself." I said to him.
"Clearly not and for your information I might not be the Draco Malfoy you know." He gave me a smirk and wink. I couldn't help but laugh slightly but made it unnoticeable. Well at least, I thought I did.
"Laughing Potter?"
"Nope, definitely not." I replied quickly, looking away.

When we got back to the common room, Dra- I mean Malfoy, left me and went back to the Slytherin dungeons.

I said the password to the Fat Lady and walked into the common room, tripping a bit on the way in. As soon as I got in, I was attacked with a hug.

"Millie? Where did you go? I was worried sick, thought you got caught by a Prefect or something." It was Harry. I hugged him back and smiled.
"I just ran into a wall, no biggie!" I laughed at the comment I made, even if was true and half not.

Mione and Ron laughed and hugged me too, Ron the longest. Except he noticed something.

"What happened to your head? It's bleeding." Oh...
"I don't know. Guess that wall was harder than I thought." I replied.
"Come on," he said to me and dragged me away and out the common room. I looked back at the others and they just shrugged.

Ron took me to the boys bathroom and I sat on the sink. He was cleaning up my head when I interrupted the silence.

"Ron?"
"Yeah?"
"Have I ever told you how much you mean to me?" He stopped and pondered for a moment before saying,
"No why?"
"I was just wondering. You'd respect every decision I make wouldn't you?"
"Of course, anything" He finished my head and looked at me.
"Why are you asking me these things?" He asked me.
"Because what if something happened, like I became friends with Malfoy or we started dating?" I asked, thinking my words through.
"Umm..." he stopped. Oh god, what's he gonna say?

Ron's pov

"Because what if something happened, like I became friends with Malfoy or we started dating?" Millie asked me.
I just replied with, "Umm..." I was lost for words.

Was this just something she had thought? Or she wanted? Did she want to date Malfoy? That would break my heart, I love her so much and I can't let her go for Malfoy. Wow, did I just actually say that? I did.

"Ron? Are you okay?" Millie took me out of ny thoughts.
"Oh yeah."
"So what'd'ya say?" She asked me.
"Oh well umm...Malfoy is our enemy and he's a Slytherin so I would say it's not good to be with him." I replied, a little nervous, what if she said something good about Malfoy?
"But would you still be my best friend if I did date him?" She asked me. Oh...
"Of course. I wouldn't leave you for anything."
"Great. Don't worry, I'm not gonna date Malfoy at all. There's someone else I've been recommended, a little early after Cedric, I know, but they're really cute," she winked at me and hopped down from the sink. She just winked at me.

Millicent Lillian Potter just winked at me? This is all so confusing.

"Coming?" She asked and grabbed my arm, skipping out the bathroom. I was dragging behind her the entire time, asking her to slow down but she just kept going.

"Millie, please slow down!" I said panting. She came to a sudden halt and turned around, causing me to fall, hit her and fall on top of her. That's when I realised we were in the common room already. Luckily only Hermione and Harry were in there at this time. But Fred and George came in and saw it all happen.

Both blushing furiously, we stood up and didn't look at each other.

"Whatever Harry,"  I heard Millie say, she rolled her eyes.

"You've got your eyes all over Cho Chang, next it'll be you two were laughing at." I reminded him.

"And you've got your eyes all over Millie, haven't you Ron? You didn't stop talking about her all summer!" The twins chorused.

I blushed harder this time and shot them a glare.

"Really?" Millie asked me, looking into my eyes.
"Not all summer, but I did mention you to mum a bit." She smiled.

Harry walked to his dorm. I followed him as Millie and Hermione went the other way to us.

"Night boys!" Millie called out after us.
"Night Millie, Mione!" We replied and went up to our dorms.

That night, I laid in bed, thinking about what happened earlier.

"Harry?" I asked Harry.
"Mhmhm?" He replied.
"Do you think Millie likes anyone?"
"Ron, I know you like her, I'm not stupid. But I bet she likes you too."
"Really? How'd you know?"
"She's my twin, obviously she would tell me. But she only said she had her eye on someone not who."
"Oh..." I said a little disappointed.
"I've seen the way she looks at you, she's never looked at someone that way before, except Cedric. But she's still grieving dude, so I say give it time."
"K thanks dude." And with that I fell asleep.