1: Rosea

Vampire Mates

1: Rosea

As my hand shot forward, the dagger went airborne, flying at the speed of 40 miles per hour before it landed a good inch above his head, but that didn’t stop him from yelling in panic, his voice echoing throughout the valley hauntingly.

“Shh,” I whispered before taking a tentative step forward, “we wouldn’t want anybody hearing us now, would we?”

The strangled choke the human let out was pleasing to my ears, as sadistic as it sounds. “G-get the hell away from me, you witch!” He screamed at you, fear shining in his eyes under the moonlight.

“That wasn’t what you were saying a few minutes ago,” I taunted as I narrowed my eyes at him, continuing to make my way towards him, my eyes solely on his.

“Y-you,” He stuttered, “You tricked me! You seduced me! You’re a-a low life witch!”

A low growl escaped my lips as I took my blade out from the waistband of my leather shorts. “What did you say?”

“I’m not afraid of an evil witch like you!” The man said as he tried to struggle out of the rope that I had wrapped around him. His eyes were, however, glittering with fear, despite his own words. “I said that you were a pathetic excuse of a woman! A-a traitorous woman, an evil seductress-”

Another dagger shot towards him, but this time, it was one coming from behind me. It landed less than a centimeter beside his head, and he let out a howl of terror.

“Watch what you’re talking, dickhead,” The familiar growl said from behind me, his authoritative aura radiating off him, his body temperature making me shiver whereas his sexy woodsy scent from his aftershave made reminded me of-

Don’t even go there.

“I thought I told you to stay out of my business, Scott,” I scowled as the 19 year old came over to my side and took the AK47 out from the belt of his jeans.

“I couldn’t let a pretty girl like you handle a man yourself, could I?” Scott said huskily beside me, shooting me a smirk and a wink. My scowl became deeper as Scott raised his hand and clicked the bullet in place as he aimed it at my victim’s heart.

“Now,” Scott turned over to look at my prey. “Look who we’ve got here. You know, you should really watch what you say to a talented, beautiful girl like Rosea here. And because of that, you’ve got to pay.”

If only he had been such a sweetheart….

My heart clenched as I shook the thought out of my head. Stupid, stupid Rosea; why did you have to always think of him?

“Both of you are lowly and pathetic scums!” The man spat as he struggled against his ropes. “You-”

The shot rang clearly throughout the woods, and a group of birds shot out from their nests, a disturbing wide-eyed look of fear on their faces. I stumbled a little bit backwards, not used to the sound of a gunshot, and winced as I saw the look on the human’s face.

An alarming shade of red had been soaked in by his T-shirt, and his eyes were wide in horror, his mouth agape in shock, and even though his body rigid, it slumped against the tree trunk that he was tied to. I flinched again at the cruel sight. I didn’t even notice Scott shoving his gun down into his belt.

“Hey, are you alright?” Scott asked beside me. He gave me a concerned look.

“Yeah,” I replied to him, my voice shaky and uncertain, my eyes still glued to the human. “You know what, go back to camp first, I-I need a little time, get some fresh air…”