9: Befriending her

Dark Mates

9: Befriending Her

Rosea

I hate tea parties, I’ve figured out.

When I was younger, I liked to play ‘tea party’ with my teddy bear and that big-eyed doll, along with the cliché set of empty teapot and cups. You know the drill—I’d pour tea out for all three of us and then talk about the lovely weather in a fake British accent. I was probably decked out in pink ribbons and those lacey pink dresses.

But, no, this was a serious tea party. No small stools to sit on and pink frilly ribbons jutting out of my hair. The stupid dresses I wore were replaced with a tight-fitting dress that made me look like a cottage girl from the 60s. No more empty teapots. Oolong tea or something expensive was probably the liquid in my china cup.

No talking in fake accents (except for Dahlia, of course) and no talking about silly things like the lovely weather. No, the ladies with the titles sat on one side of the table, whispering behind people’s back. Whereas the rest of us, the outcasts, sat isolated at the other end awkwardly. I sipped on my tea before gasping from the heat that stung my tongue.

Dahlia rolled her eyes at me. I discreetly wished that someone’s tea would fall on her and burn her.

“So,” Her almighty soon-to-be princess Lily decked out in a beautiful blue dress with blue lilac in her braided brown hair said as she leaned towards me. “I’ve never seen you around before. Who are you?”

Dahlia gave me a look that said ‘don’t mess this up’. “I’m Rosalyn, your Highness. I am the tenth descendant of a good Xlinx.”

She lifted her eyebrows at me. “Is it so? I used to have this friend… a Xlinx, I think she was. I think she died or something. How sad.” She sighed.

I swear, if she was talking about me...

“Really?” I said. “She was a good Xlinx?”

Lily shrugged and took a sip from her cup in a ladylike manner, which involved no gasping from the heat of the bitter tea.

“Hm, I don’t know. Probably a bad one, so we don’t keep in contact anymore. It wasn’t like we were the best of friends, anyways.”  She pursed her lips.

I just had a new motivation to kill her faster.

====

“Hey, over here, Demetri!” Lily called out as she led me to the shaded area of the tea party. Demetri was there, talking to a man. He barely looked up, only smiled quickly at Lily, a smile that said ‘wait, honey, this is more important than you are’. They are so loving I can’t help but feel so damn envious.

“I’ve decided to invite another person to our private wedding at the church!” Lily clapped her hands together.

I felt a bit tired then, because of the serious convincing I had to make to let Lily think that I am a totally perfect good Xlinx. Which, in other words, meant a lot of persuasion and using of compulsion.

Demetri sighed. “I thought I told you, love, that you should stop-” he looked up from the stack of papers and then he saw me. “O-oh…” He breathed out, obviously remembering our night before. His eyes shone with fear, and I guess it was fear of me telling Lily about our romantic moment spent together. I looked away. So he didn’t actually cared for me, did he? If he’d still fear what Lily would say? I just looked away. Of course he didn’t. It was just me, being all naïve again. When will I finally learn?

“So, she can come? Because it will be totally rude if I suddenly cancel the invite, Demetri,” Lily said as she tried to persuade her fiancée.

“Well,” Demetri stuttered as he looked at me.

“Come on, Demetri,” Lily whined. Then she batted her eyelashes and said in a low voice. “I’ll give you a very special gift tonight if you would…” she trailed a finger down his muscular and well-sculpted chest. Demetri gulped.

“U-uh, sure,” He said before blinking. “I-I’ll just continue with my work… um, excuse me. I’ll see you later Lil.”

Lily waved goodbye in a seductive manner. “Bye honey. I’ll be waiting tonight on our bed. Don’t be late.”

Demetri bit his lip. “Okay,” he said, unable to hide the fact that he was turned on with his husky tune. As he walked away, I had to resist the sigh.

I guess Demetri will forever be the same. He’ll never change. Not for anyone. Not for me, his own soul mate, which he couldn’t even recognize.

====

“I got myself invited for the private wedding,” I announced as we sat around Nikki in the disgusting sewer-like tunnel. They all turned to look at me.

“Really?” Nikki asked, obviously feeling doubtful of my announcement; I mean, she was clearly not the biggest fan of me, and she was definitely not as supportive for me as she was for slutty Dahlia.

“Yes,” I rolled my eyes as I fished out the cream-colored card. “Here’s the invitation. No invitation, then don’t even think about trying to enter. It took me a lot of compulsion for her to invite me.”

Nikki looked at me. “Compulsion, huh?” she muttered, “You’re good at that?”

“I guess so,” I shrugged. Nikki gave me a look.

“Well, then, why don’t you go and compel them to invite Dahlia too? She’s a great help.”

I bit back my groan. So that’s how it is: I’m never going to be known as the best even if I am, aren’t I?

===

I knocked on the door that had the sign Princess Lily on it, which made me want to gag. Nevertheless, I was sent on a mission… so. But all I could hear was tons of wheezing and groaning. I pounded on the wooden door harder.

“Oh, Jack!” Lily’s voice rang out as I pressed my ear against the door. My eyes widened. “Yes!”

Oh no. This is starting to turn out really bad… “God, Jack!”

“What the hell,” I muttered to myself as I rested my head on the door. I did not want to know what the hell they were doing in there, and why it was Jack and not Demetri.

As I placed my hand on the door, the wood suddenly rippled and I gasped, feeling a rush of energy rushing up my arm. I looked at the spot where my hand was on. The door was transparent; rippling like it was a pool of water. I waved my arm around. Soon, the top part of the door was all clear. I moved my arm to the left side and then gasped and winced when I saw the position Lily and Jack-o-doodle was in.

A book with the label Kamasutra was lying on the coffee table. Ugh. Like, I don’t even want to know.

Then I felt the disposable camera I had in my backpack. Silently, I picked it out and then I took a cautious picture of Lily and Jack. After the camera had disposed in my hands, I smiled.

Revenge, my Lily. Revenge.

Sorry, that was a terrible chapter. Do comment if you think it's bad or good because I feel like I did a bad job. Sorry for not updating in a pretty long time because I've been working on my other book in another account. So yeaaaaaah