twenty-one

Chapter Twenty-One

Peter's POV

Morning at Avengers tower was oddly very normal.

Steve had already gone for his morning run, and was now reading the morning paper while drinking coffee. Natasha and Wanda were doing some sort of intensive yoga effortlessly. Tony was working in his shop, or so I was told. Thor was in the kitchen following some recipe by Rachael Ray on the TV. Clint Barton was nowhere to be seen, though I could practically hear him snoring through the walls.

I was curled up on one of the couches, still taking in the environment. I didn't think I'd ever been in a home this nice before. But the part that shocked me the most was how homey it managed to feel. To me "home" was the place where there were marks on the walls from reckless childhood years, where nothing was in the right cupboards but that's the sole reason you knew where everything was. This place was a modern architect's dream, and it was the tidiest place I'd ever seen.

I pulled my phone - which was cracked, and the design on the case was fading - out of my pocket. You see, last night I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow, exhausted from the day of agility tests and being poked and prodded at. The result of my time asleep was that I now had the joy of reading through a spam of messages from Ned and MJ. Most of it was MJ trying to see just how oblivious Ned was to fact that I was Spider-Man. I laughed and rolled my eyes simultaneously as I read through the texts.

 I laughed and rolled my eyes simultaneously as I read through the texts