Prolouge

Sorry for mistakes!

~~

"WATER SHURIKEN!" Ash shouted at the top of his lungs. Greninja grabbed the shuriken from its back and spun it around in the air. The red thing on his head started to glow and Ash's eyes started to glow red as the Shuriken tripled its size and changed its colour to gold.

"BLAST BURN!" Alain shouted from the other corner. His Charizard smashed the ground with full fury and released the jets of fire towards Greninja.

The two attacks met in the middle and caused a massive explosion - no one in the stadium could see what was happening, except for Ash. He felt the force of the blast burn and stumbled to the ground.

As the smoke cleared off, there stood the victor Charizard and lay the loser Greninja.

"We Lost... again" Ash said but it barely came out of his mouth. He covered his eyes and returned Greninja into his pokeball.

"Ladies and Gentlemen please give it up for The Kalos Queen!" The announcer shouted. Serena then entered the field and headed towards the middle where Ash and Alain stood.

"That was a tough battle Ash! You've made me stronger and love battling again so thank you!" Alain said and extended his hand.

"Yeah same here!" Ash said but still his eyes covered. Serena shook Alain's hand and awarded him the Kalos League trophy and went over to stand next to Ash.

"Give it up for our CHAMPION... ALAIN!"

Serena started to clap with a smile but Ash felt broken. He was disappointed in himself. He could recall all the times his name was announced as the loser - it kept on replaying in his mind.

He clapped for a few seconds before turning away with his head down towards the changing room. Serena stared at him with a smile - she knew how hard Ash worked and was proud the way he fought his heart out - obviously she did not know of Ash's past.

But as she saw Ash walk away she swore she saw a tear run down his cheek.

Ash entered his changing room and threw his hat on the ground in frustration. He then sat on the sofa and dug his face into his hand.

"Defeat for Ash Ketchum after an enthralling battle against Gary Oak!"

"Defeat! And Ash Ketchum waves goodbye to his chances of winning the Hoenn League"

"Ash simply outclassed today by a trainer with huge experience and strong Pokémon but another defeat in his quest to dominate Pokémon battling"

"Poor tournament for Ash and it was capped off by this defeat - he comes crashing out of the Unova League... he simply can't catch a break"

These memories were haunting Ash, he then had an image of his mother. He promised her this year he would win... but he broke it... he felt like a failed son.

"Sorry mum... I've disappointed you again" Ash said and broke down into tears.

Pikachu came to reassure his trainer but nothing was working - Ash was broken and lifeless.

"I give up Pikachu..."

~

Ash exits his changing room and it was dark already - he realised he was late to the dinner party for the finalist, but he decided to bunk it. He walked up a hill which overlooked the stadium and the restaurant he was meant to be at. He saw Clemont speaking with Professor Sycamore - he saw Bonnie with her dad and other gym leaders and then he saw Serena with Aria and with Alain.