Chapter 13

Sorry for any mistakes
~~

Ash was finally released from the Pokémon centre by Nurse Joy - who revealed he was back to full health. However she was concerned about the wound on Ash's hand. However Ash just ignored the comment and walked out of the centre.

"Ketchum is finally back! I doubted that you'd be fine" Paul said in his cold tone.

"Hahaha, sure you did Paul - so how have you been?" Ash asked.

"Scouting" Paul replied.

"Scouting what?" Ash asked.

"Team Zion" Paul replied.

"I'd rather you didn't - if they find out what you do, they will hunt you down and kill people close to you" Ash explained.

"I'm well aware what they are capable off - I've seen what they've done already" Paul said.

"Excuse me?" Ash said.

"I'm not mocking your mother's death. I am talking about my mother's they've done similar things to me too" Paul explained.

"Oh wow... sorry I didn't know" Ash said lowering his head.

"Don't be - never liked my mother - always abused me as a child. But Team Zion were thick enough to think I loved her and was attached to her. They thought they could bring me down to bring my father to them - but they were wrong. I had run away from home two years prior. This explains why I gave my Pokémon a hard time - it was all I had learnt" Paul spoke. Ash stood there taking things in.

"Wow, So you want justice for what they tried doing to you?" Ash asked.

"No... justice for you" Paul said.

"Oh... but I don't think I want you getting involved - if they hurt you..." Ash said.

"I'd die for you Ketchum - it's no compliment. It's a fact. You changed my life around, when we met in Sinnoh - and I've been thankful since. So this is my chance to repay you" Paul explained.

"I'm touched... never knew you had a soft side" Ash said laughing.

"Come off it... and not a word to Gary. I can't be bothered to here that prats little jokes" Paul said chuckling.

"Well, just stay out of conflict - and only collect valuable information and report it back to me when you can - or text me. You have my number" Ash said.

"Fine... but any word to Gary I swear to god I will head butt you into a wall" Paul said walked away - with his usual arrogance.

Ash sighed as he watched him go, Pikachu then suddenly came running to Ash and jumped onto his shoulders. "Pikachu! It's good to see you too. Where have you been all this time?" Ash asked. As if on cue, Serena and Leaf arrived in front of him.

"So reckless boy, how are you fairing" Leaf asked.

"Doing good... but I need to go train" Ash said.

"Not so soon, Ash! It will be to early for you too train and put stress on your mind." Serena said with a hint of concern. Ash then remember what his mother had said - to listen to Serena.

"Your right... I'll just go for a stroll on the beach" Ash said.

"Wow, I've never seen you refuse to train before, you two sure hold a strong bond... it's kinda cute" Leaf said causing both trainers to blush furiously. "Awwww my little bro is growing up" Leaf said and hugged Ash.

"Shut up! Or I'll tell the world about you crush!" Ash said laughing.

"Oh no you want!" Leaf said laughing. Serena watched the scene unfold. Seeing Ash happy and smiling, it warmed her heart. She could see the old Ash in front of her. Alain Now approached the group. "Hey Serena! Hey Leaf!" Alain said he said to the two girls. The two girls looked at Alain and greeted him.