Chapter 12

Sorry for any mistakes
~~

"Ash, wake up honey" A sweet and motherly voice spoke. Ash stirred a little before opening his eyes. But what he saw was blinding. The whole room around him was white. He sat up and looked around - it looked like heaven. He then looked behind him and saw his mother standing there. Without thinking he ran to her and tried to hug her but his body went into hers.

Ash looked at her with a sad expression but his mother gave a smile. "My sweet heart... so brave... so strong." Delia spoke.

"Why am I here? Why are you here?" Ash said.

"I never left" Delia replied. That response almost broke Ash.

"Is this all happening in my head? Or am I dead?" Ash asked.

"Of course it's happening inside your head!" Delia replied.

"Is this real?"

"You tell me" Ash looked at her but didn't say anything but stared at her.

"Let's go for a walk" She said and began to walk in the opposite direction. Ash took this as a sign and ran to her and walked beside her.

"Where would you say we are?" She said looking around. Ash looked around and recognised silhouettes of long trees but there was one tree that stood out.

"We are in the forest I met Serena but only cleaner" Ash said.

"Is that so... she must be a really special person? This Serena girl" Delia said looking at her son. She felt himself loosen up at the subject. His arrogance vanished and it became the usual caring boy from all those years.

"Yes she was..." Ash said.

"Was? Isn't she still?" Delia said.

"No... I lost her trust years ago. And she has Alain now - so it doesn't really bother me" Ash said looking away.

"You know when you lie - you look away" Delia said. Ash didn't respond.

"Ash look at me..." Delia said, Ash looked at her, they made eye contact for a few seconds before she began to speak. "Do you love Serena?"

"Yes..."

"Good because she loves you too" Delia said.

"What!? How'd you know. She's dating Alain" Ash replied.

"She's beside your bed with her head resting on your chest asleep with her hand in yours" Delia said.

"Yeah well, she might be doing it as friends" Ash said.

"You May have changed since my death - but you sure are dense as a rock" Delia said laughing. "Hey don't talk about your death... please it kills me mom" Ash said and looked down.

"Ash I admire your love towards me but you have to move on... I cannot be your soft spot anymore - people will ruthlessly take you for granted this way" Delia spoke.

"Then what do I do mom? I'm lost." Ash said.

"Serena. Ash she is the answer - has been since the day you met her. You made her the girl she is today and she will be the girl that makes you a better person" Delia said.

"No mom, I didn't make her - she made herself. With her determination and attitude towards things" Ash said.

"I wonder where she got those traits from?" Delia said rhetorically.

"Her parents?" Ash asked.

"Oh my god Ash. ITS YOU" Delia exclaimed.

"Me? But all I say is never give up until it's over!" Ash said.