Chapter 16

Sorry for any mistakes
~~

It was a new day, a new dawn. Ash felt a little more like his normal self but still restricted any happiness till he was with Serena. However today was the beginning of the greatest tournament on earth. Most trainers would be nervous Ash had the balls of steel.

"Oh god, I'm so nervous! I don't wanna mess up on my first battle!" Barry said pacing around the room. Ash was on his way downstairs when he bumped into a familiar face. It was another blonde- Lillie.

"Ash so good to see you!" Lillie said and the duo embraced in a hug. "I'm sorry for your mother's loss, and I hope your doing fine" she said looking at Ash.

"Yeah I'm holding up well... so are you here to watch the matches?" Ash asked.

"Yeah Kiawe entered the league as well, so when's your battle?" Lillie asked.

"First one today!" Ash replied.

"Oh great I'll come watch" She said. Ash smiled and went to the lounge where Serena and the group were waiting. Serena looked at Ash's direction and saw Lillie close to Ash and instantly grew Jealous. She stood up and pecked Ash on the cheek.

"Good morning sweety!" Serena said blushing. Everyone around was confused by the sudden behaviour- even Ash. "Morning Sere" Ash replied.

"So who is this pretty blonde?" Gary said stepping forward.

"She is Lillie and I met her when I travelled Alola" Ash explained - his journey in Alola and how he helped Lillie's mother lose the greed of power but he didn't mention the league.

"Why didn't you take part in the league?" Alain asked Ash.

"Well..." Ash didn't know what to say to them. He couldn't say the real thing - he didn't want them involved. "I had to run a few errands in my personal life so I missed out" Ash said, but only Serena caught the lie.

"The press are outside? Why are they outside?" Barry asked looking at the entrance. Ash looked towards them and sighed.

"Why do you hate them so much?" Serena asked.

"They have an agenda against me all the time. So I never interview with anyone that is famous" Ash said. "Plus my battle is first so they've come to interrogate me on my success" He added.

He then left the building through the back - with his group of friends and avoided any confrontation with the media. And they soon arrived at the Alolian Stadium - which was bigger than the one in Kalos.

"Ash are you ready?" Dawn asked.

"I've already won - Ash said adjusting his hate before walking away from the groups. His stature portrayed arrogance and confidence - which younger people admired but the elders despised. Serena and the others then headed into the stadium and found some seats - which were in the middle.

"Serena!" It was Grace and Achille that had now come and sat next to them.

"Mom Dad what are you doing here?" Serena said surprised as she hugged both of her parents. "We wanted to come cheer your friends and see Alain Battle again!" Achille spoke.

"Thank you, sir!" Alain replied.

"So how are things between you two? All good?" Grace asked.

"Actually we broke up..." Serena said.

"What? But why? You two were the best couple!" Achille said.

"No we discussed it - and we moved on because it wasn't true love - even though we are good friends." Alain said.