The Hug

Two weeks after my meeting with TJ at the park, I decide to go back again.
   I walk over to the swings to see someone already on them. All I saw was their back.
   I ignore them and still sit on the swing. He looked over at me and jumped off the swing "Cyrus!" TJ smiled.
   "TJ!" I also smiled.
   "What're you doing here?" I asked.
   "Reasons." He said, clearly not wanting to get into it.
   "Fair enough." I said.
   TJ then took his phone out "What's your number? So you, I could text you."
"Oh. Uh. Yeah!" I smiled, taking out my phone and handing it to him.
TJ type his phone number into my phone and made a contact for himself.
"Done. Now we can text any time." TJ handed me back my phone.
I grabbed my phone and checked it, noticing there was a text from Andi, telling me to meet her at The Spoon ASAP.
"Great." I mumbled to myself, a little too loudly.
"What's the matter?" TJ said.
"Andi needs me. I gotta head out. See you later, Scary Basketball Guy?" I smiled
"See you later, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin." TJ also smiled.
It was an instinct. I didn't mean to do it. I only do it with my family, so I was confused on why I did it, but instantly regretted it.
I hugged TJ.
"I see you're a softie, Muffin"
I let go of TJ, red in the face "Heh. I gotta go." I said, quickly walking away.
As I walked away, I felt like someone was watching me. I turned around and saw TJ smiling at me, but he quickly looked away, sitting down on the swing and swinging again.
I continued to quickly walk away, but slowed down when I heard someone faintly singing.
It was TJ, singing The Swing Song.
I smiled and walked towards The Spoon.

———————————————————————————

A few minutes after I left the park, I arrived at The Spoon.
"What's up?" I said, sliding into the booth Andi was sitting in.
"TJ." She said, annoyed.
I almost smiled when I heard his name, but I didn't. "What about TJ?" I asked.
"Earlier today at the game he didn't pass the ball to Buffy once!" Andi yelled.
I missed Buffy's game? I never have. Just like how I've never missed any of Jonah's games.
"I missed T-Buffy's game..?" I asked.
"Yeah. You did." Andi looked at me, clearly angry. She stuffed a few baby taters in her mouth and said with her mouth full, which was disgusting "And now she won't even answer my texts."
I didn't respond. I didn't want Andi to get even more angry. I just pulled out my phone and texted TJ, "You didn't pass Buffy the ball today at the game?"
There were a few minutes with no response.
Then finally, he responded. "I didn't. But only because she follow through with our agreement."
"What agreement?" I texted TJ.
"None of your business." TJ texted back.
Jeez. Rude much? I put my phone away and looked back up at Andi. She was also on her phone.
"Who are you texting?" I asked.
"Jonah." She said, not looking up.
"What're you it's talking about?"
Andi just stared at her phone for a few minutes. I waited for a response.
"Did he... just break up with me? Through a TEXT!?" Andi yelled, furious.
"Hey. Hey. Calm down. Eat some baby taters." I said, trying to calm Andi down.
She stormed out of The Spoon.
I sat at The Spoon alone, nibbling on baby taters. Then, I heard the bell bell at the door chime and turn around and see TJ.
"Hey, Muffin." He slid into the booth. But he didn't sit across from me, he sat next to me.
"Hi TJ." I looked at him and smiled. "Baby tater?" I asked, holding one.
"No thanks," He said. "I want to talk to you... about... that hug you gave me."