One Of The Best Days Ever

It's been two weeks. I haven't seen TJ once.
   I also noticed something else.
   Jonah was also avoiding me.
   Every time I see him in the hallway he would walk past me, or just turn around and walk away.
   I was in the library, reading some graphic novel I pulled from one of the shelves to waste time.
   I heard someone walk into the library, turn around, and see Buffy.
   "Hey, Buffy!" I smiled.
   "Hi, Cyrus." Buffy sounded annoyed. She instantly turned back around and walked out of the library for a second, "Come on TJ!"
   I heard a faint "Ok. Ok. Fine." come from the hallway. I got up and put the book away, grabbing my bag and walking towards the other door to leave the library.
   TJ walked into the library and saw me "Buffy, can we go somewhere else?"
   I walked out of the library and right before the door closed I heard TJ say "Nevermind."
   I don't understand anything. Why was TJ ignoring me? For two whole weeks?
   Then, I saw Jonah. He also saw me. Surprisingly, he smiled.
   "Yo, Cy-Guy!" Jonah said, walking over to me.
   "Hi, Jonah." I said, slightly waving.
   "Sorry for... ignoring you. I was being stupid. I just needed to tell you... Andi and I... broke up."
   "It's fine." I said, starting to walk away.
   "Where you going?" Jonah said, starting to follow me.
   "Uh... nowhere." I said, stopping at my locker, opening it up to put a notebook away.
   "Is it ok if I tag along?" Jonah smiled.
   "I kind of need some alone time right now." I said, closing my locker, walking away.
   "What's wrong?" Jonah said, following me again.
   "Nothing." I said, starting to get annoyed.
   "You sure?" Jonah asked, still following me.
   "Yes, Jonah. I'm ok. Now leave me alone."
   "I..." Jonah stopped following me. "Ok..."
   This is perfect. TJ is still avoiding me.
   Jonah talks to me again, and I tell him to leave me alone.
   I walked out of Jefferson Middle, and sat on one of the tables outside.
   I kept glancing back over to a window on the second floor of the school. The library.
   I decided to get up and just go home when the front door to the school opened, and there was TJ. He stopped when we saw each other, But didn't turn around. He walked over to me.
   I smiled a little "Hi TJ."
   He didn't answer me. Instead, he walked right past me. I turned around to see him walk away.
Well, not really. I was staring at something else. That's when he turned around and looked at me.
"What do you want, Cyrus?" TJ said.
I was pretty sad that he didn't call me Muffin. "Why have you been avoiding me." I said.
"I..." TJ nervously looked around and sighed. "Just follow me."
We walked all the way over to the park in complete silence, TJ walking a little faster than my normal pace with his long legs, but I managed to keep up.
"You brought me to the park..? Why?" I asked.
"I needed to make sure Buffy didn't hear this..." he said.
"Hear what?" I asked.
"Well not really hear... see." TJ hesitated before saying see.
"See what!?" I was getting a little annoyed at TJ for not telling me.
TJ looked around, looked at me, and kissed me.
I was pretty sure my face turned an undiscovered shade of pink.
So did TJ's.
"Wha-"
"I like you too, Muffin." TJ smiled.
I smiled so wide, I'm surprised my jaw didn't break.
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?" TJ and I turn to see Buffy in the distance.
"You leave your tutoring session early saying your dad need you home to go to the park with Cyrus!?" Buffy yelled.
I'm pretty sure both TJ and I let out a sigh of relief since she didn't see the kiss.
"He didn't need me anymore, so I came to the park."
"I saw you out the window, idiot. You walked away together." Buffy crossed her arms.
"Buffy, please," I said.
"Not now Cyrus. I'm trying to help this world class jerk get his math grade up to stay on the basketball team but he clearly doesn't want it. I'm done. I'm not helping you with your work anymore." And with that, Buffy stormed off.
l looked at TJ, "Im sorry."
"It's fine" he said, "I'll just need to find someone else to tutor me."
I almost said "I could!" but then I remembered that I currently have a D in Algebra. (ok hello his is the human me typing this i actually have a D in Algebra irl that's where i got the idea from and its making me want to cry so yay) So instead I said "You'll find someone to help you! Don't worry."
TJ then received a text "It's my dad. He needs me home. And it's for real now."
"Oh. Ok. See you later?" I said
"Sure." he said, picking up his bag and running towards his house.
There I was, at the park, by myself. So I sat on the swings. A few minutes later-after singing the swing song about 20 times-someone sat in he other swing. It was Jonah.
"Hey, Cy-Guy." Jonah said, quietly.
"Hi, Jonah." I looked at him and smiled a little. I guess I needed some socialization right now.
"You still mad at me?" he asked.
"No! I'm actually sorry about that..." I said.
"I just wanted to tell you a few weeks ago, that me and Andi broke up."
"Andi and I," I corrected him, or did I? I get it mixed up sometimes. "and yeah, over text. I know. I was at The Spoon with her when you did it."
"Oh." he said.
"So how are you doing, with the break up?" I asked
Jonah didn't respond, he just started swinging a little more.
"Not so good, I guess." I said. I think he took it as me mocking him because after I said that, he jumped off the swing and walked away.
I sat there on the swings for about a whole hour, then went home. I laid in bed for the rest of the day and took some Buzzfeed quizzes. Well I shouldn't really say "some", because according to my mom I locked myself in my room for FOUR HOURS. When she asked if I was ok I just responded with a "Yeah, I'm fine." then clicked on another quiz. After I did some more, all I could think of that night was TJ kissing me. Today was probably one of the best days ever. Minus the parts of Buffy yelling at TJ and Jonah getting mad at me... again.
Tomorrow is a new day, and new days mean new adventures. Now including TJ.