TJ Finds Out

My face turned red "I didn't... mean to hug you..?"
   "Oh no no it's fine that you hugged me. Just... why?" TJ asked, looking at me.
   "Can we talk about this outside?" I asked.
   "Sure."
   So we both slipped out of the booth and walked outside.
   "I hugged you because..." I couldn't tell him I liked him. I had to think of something, quick. "You're basically the brother I've always wanted." I smiled at him.
   And there he goes. His smile again. I wanted to hug him again, but I didn't "Really?" TJ said.
   "Really." I smiled.
   TJ hugged me. I turned red again. I look behind me, getting that same feeling as I got when TJ was watching me walk away from the park. There he was. Jonah Beck. He looked... depressed. It almost looked like he was walking towards me, but stopped. He turned away, walking back to wherever he was before he came over here. I shrugged and looked at TJ again.
   "Well since I'm your brother you've always wanted, who do you like, Muffin?"
   I blushed. Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin I was ok with, but Muffin, I don't know why, but I liked it. A lot more than my last nickname.
   "None of your business." I laughed a little and playfully punched him.
   "Hey!" TJ laughed and punched me, too.
   We both started laughing.
   Then, an employee from The Spoon walked outside. Amber.
   "Hey, Cyrus." she smiled.
   "Hi, Amber." I smiled back.
   "My manager told me to come outside and tell you this. I'm sorry but, it's either you come inside and buy some food, or get lost. No loitering."
   I looked at TJ. "We'll get lost I guess." TJ said.
   "Bye Amber." I waved.
   "Bye Cyrus." she waved back, walking inside.
   TJ and I walked for maybe about 15 minutes in silence when he broke the silence and said "Cyrus?"
   "Yeah?" I responded, a little sad he didn't call me Muffin.
   "I just want to know. Who do you like? I'll keep it a secret. I promise."
   I didn't answer for a minute, then I mumbled "I like boys..?"
   "What?" He asked.
   "I like boys." I said, sighing, looking down at my feet.
   TJ smiled "you idiot. I asked who you liked. Not what gender you like."
   "Oh." I nervously laughed.
   I nervously looked up from my shoes and glanced at TJ
   "Well... who is it?" he asked.
   "I can't tell you." I said
   "Why not?" he asked, clearly wanting to know who it was.
   There was even more silence for a minute, then I decided to say it. "Because it's you." my face turned red and I turned around and started walking the other direction away from TJ.
   Next thing I know TJ is already... somehow in front of me. Man I am really slow.
   "You like me?"
   "Yeah..?" I said nervously
   Then, what I feared would've happened, happened.
   He walked away.
   I felt offended for some reason. He asked me who I liked, and when I say it, he walked away.
   Then I remembered something.
   Jonah.
   What was he going to say to me?
   I needed to find out.

*************************************************

   I was at Jonah's house, ready to knock on the door when-
   "Cyrus?"
   I turn around to see... I beat Jonah to his own house.
   "Jonah." I smiled.
   "What're you doing here." He said, still looking depressed.
   "I thought you needed to talk to me. Were you walking up to me?"
   "Uh... No. I was just... going to The Spoon. But I forgot my phone. I needed to go back home and get it."
   Buzz
   Jonah's phone went off.
   "Jonah. You're lying to me."
   "Ok fine. I needed to tell you something."
   "What is it?"
   "I don't want to tell you anymore. Just, go."
   I'm pretty sure there was a single tear running down my eye. Jonah Beck is telling me to leave.
   So I did. I left.
   Jonah was the least of my problems right now. I walked away from TJ. I needed to talk to him. I pulled out my phone and texted him asking where he was.
   No response.
   I called him.
   Voicemail.
   There was only one last thing to do. Go to the park. I'm positive he'll be there. So I went to the park.
   There was no one on the swings. Just one swinging by itself, as if someone had just jumped off of it. Then I came to my conclusion.
   TJ was avoiding me.

———————————————————————————

                                    TJ's POV

   What did I just do!?
   Cyrus tells me he likes me. The guy I like, tells me he likes me, and I walk away.
   I think I'm just not ready to tell him.
   I went to the park and got on the swings, ready to hide if Cyrus comes.
   Then, I spot him. I hopped off the swing, almost twisted my ankle when I landed, and his behind a bush, waiting for him to walk away.
   When he didn't, I knew that he knew that I was here.
   He knew I was avoiding him. I felt bad, but until I'm ready to tell him, I have to.
   I was avoiding Cyrus Goodman.