- 41 -

Chapter 41 already! Time flies, huh?

Logan was struggling.

He had in no way anticipated the unorganized and absolutely cacophonous anarchy that he would be subjected to when tasked with organizing the packing for the camping trip. Logan loved working, sure, and managing things and such, but he did not like organizing people. This was the main issue, for Logan was then given the responsibility of managing his fellow classmates as they attempted to pack Roman's tungsten family subaru outback.

It was a nightmare.

Logan had made a plan a couple of nights before, outlining the various things that people needed to bring in order to perform an efficient experiment in five days as well as survive a camping trip. However, he had not anticipated the amount of things off of the list that his friends would bring. For example, Patton's excessive amount of cooking and hiking gear, all shoved into one, bursting duffel bag. "You can never be too prepared," he'd insisted when Logan interrogated him about it. "Plus," the boy had added, "you never know when you'll need a first aid kit like this one." He patted the giant travel military first aid kit with one hand while Logan struggled not to groan too audibly. Patton had a point -- it was just a bit much. Logan doubted they'd be needing anything heavy duty, but Patton stayed as resolute as ever in his decision and would not leave the box behind.

But finally, after packing, repacking, reorganizing, and relocating in the most OCD-reminiscent manner that Logan had ever done anything in, the car was ready. It had taken lots of yelling and a few compromises, but it was finally done. That was the good news. The bad news was that they were already behind schedule.

The four classmates had planned to leave for their expedition at eight on Thursday morning, so to get to the campground precisely at the reservation time -- eleven. However, Logan had only anticipated the packing taking a maximum of half an hour and had called everyone to Roman's house at seven thirty. This was evidently not the case as the packing had taken more than an hour and it was, at the time of their eventual departure, eight thirty-eight.

Logan began the drive, for Roman had granted him permission of the car, and was seated next to Patton whilst the other two rode in the back. Fifteen minutes in and Roman was already brushing his hair.

"Literally no one is going to see you," Logan heard Virgil criticize from the back.

"Well," Roman countered, "it feels odd and it's bothering me."

Logan rolled his eyes. "Please tell me that your extra bag was not just hair care products."

"Of course not!" Roman scoffed. "There was more than just that."

"Oh dear." Logan blinked sardonically at the road ahead of him. This is going to be a long ride, he thought to himself.

"Speaking of hair," Patton piped up, "have any of you ever thought of dying your hair?"

"I would love to one day," Roman replied wistfully, surely already skimming through all sorts of color possibilities in his head. "Perhaps purple or red."

"Been there, done that, Patton," Virgil chuckled. "My hair was jet black in middle school. You guys would have laughed your asses off; I was full-blown emo."

"Language," Patton scolded.

Roman laughed, "I would love to see a picture of that."

Patton sighed. "What about you, Logan?" he prompted, moving on.

Logan let out a huff of surprise. "Me?" he questioned indignantly. "I would never dye my hair! How unprofessional I would look," he scoffed.