- 51 -

Whoop whoop, I'm still alive! And back with another chapter! (Finally.)

I've been needing to draw today and this gave me an excuse

I've been needing to draw today and this gave me an excuse. You'll see what this pictures about soon.

Anyway, I am so sorry that it's taken a million years to get this chapter up! I'm going to try and formulate a writing schedule for myself so I can set time aside specifically to crank out some writing.

In the meantime, though, enjoy Chapter 51!

"Thanks so much for helping me with this, Virgil," Patton called over his shoulder to his friend who was currently struggling to get a box of craft supplies down from Patton's garage shelf.

"'Course Patton," Virgil huffed, letting out a sigh as he finally managed to set the cardboard box down on the washing machine.

Patton lifted the supplies off of the machine and shook his head before Virgil could protest to take it back. "I had no idea you were an artist," he continued.

"Yeah well," Virgil replied as he followed Patton back into the house, "art and existentialism tend to go hand in hand like nerds and neckties."

Patton chuckled and set the box down on the dining table. "I suppose you're right."

Virgil had agreed to come over to Patton's on Friday afternoon so that he could help the boy compose a one-month anniversary gift for Logan. Patton, despite his childlike and creative spirit, was not the best artist in the slightest. He had originally planned to get Roman's help on making something to minimize this unfortunate handicap. However, upon mentioning his dilema to Virgil, he was delighted to find out that the boy was not only taking art but also darn good at it! (Virgil didn't quite believe this, but the photos he showed Patton said otherwise.) Granted, the subject matter that Virgil usually composed wasn't exactly what Patton was looking for, but any artistic input would be a great help regardless.

The two agreed on a card -- something simple and meaningful that Logan could put on his wall or shelf that wouldn't also distract from his meticulous organization. Patton still wasn't quite sure what direction he wanted to go in, but he knew that he wanted it to be cool-toned -- at least that helped narrow things down.

The boy reached curiously into the craft box and eventually pulled out a dull blue piece of construction paper. "He gave me a poem today, you know," Patton gushed, smiling at the thought. "He said that he wanted to give it to me now even though our anniversary is technically -- by the date -- on Monday. I think we're just going to end up doing something on Sunday anyway."

"A poem, huh?" Virgil asked, also digging through the supplies to find something Logan-esque. "I didn't know Doctor Data was into poetry. Sounds sort of like something he would dislike, actually."

Patton nodded. "I thought so too," he replied, "but apparently he really enjoys it! I guess it's the structure of it all or something." He sighed brightly. "I think it's so romantic."