The end is the beginning

Quick note: 

I will be explaining the backstory leading up to the main story in this part. If you are familiar with my characters and world characteristics you can skip to the next part and start reading the actual story. I would recommend  reading this part if you want an idea to the settings of this story or just interested in what period of time this story takes. 

(Third person + Writer POV)

See, Kay was born with a weak heart, his mind was unstable. When his parents started noticing weird behavior they contacted the mental institution and there they found out that their child has a part demon that lives in his mind in order to provide support to his body and especially his heart. In their world, their planet split into 4 clans- Moon where Kay and Smile belong, Sun, Water,Fire. It might seem silly but they're guardians of the realms. They are able to travel through times, other planets and go into the underworlds. 

They are guardians of the portals leading the opening between all worlds, no regular human\demon\angel is allowed to use these portals unless they're part of the Guardian species. Guardians are born with special DNA, this DNA suits every species there is, whatever it is a demon or an angel. This DNA gives the body the ability to control their destination in the portal, you can use the portal only if you are guided by a guardian. 

In this world, there were 3 kinds of DNAs, and the chance of a person having two is very rare.

Smile, who's Kay's demon, Is the rare type. Before he died Smile had a combination of 2 types of DNA, them being- Guardian (MG158) and Magic Born (MB112), the other type of DNA that is out there is 3CH0- this DNA has been created by the man race instead of being out there for many years and being developed by the environment. 3CH0 was designed to be put only into 120,000 of the locals in the Water clan (about third of the population in the clan). This DNA type was used to promote the healers into strong warriors, since the water clan was separated from the big clan- moon, only the healers and scientists were part of this clan so promoting the medicine, the scientists managed to create this DNA in order to help the moon gather control over the conflicts that has been happening for 200 years now. 

Healers with 3CH0 type DNA got into the line of warrior in order to provide power to the strong hand. Only several 3CH0 type DNA people actually took the responsibility and put their uniforms in order to head to the battle. 

Kay was born with one type DNA and that was the Guardian type. Since he was born weak as mentioned before, Smile (who became a demon after he died) had to take a part in Kay's sentence of life or death. 

(Story Start -background-)

Nothing.

No voice. No movement. Nothing.

It's been like that for over a week now, why is he not moving?

Maybe he is in deep sleep, enjoying the beauty of the world instead of seeing the hell that has become ours.

Kay has been in coma ever since the huge explosion near his position, he fell to the ground and never woke up. At first his teammates thought he was dead, but after managing to move his body to a ground hospital they have tracked his heartbeat and estimated that he fell into coma.

Smile, his demon half, stayed near him, not daring to tell their loved ones that Kay has suffered some bad injuries and fell into coma. He shook his hand lightly- no reaction.

Smile sighed and got up, leaving the hospital room and walks into the hallway- he feels tired, day and night he has been near his human guardian in order to make sure that his presence keeps Kay's heart beating till Kay manages to wake up and get control over his body again.

The conflicts between two clans turned into something much worse, something everyone feared but expected to happen- war. Smile and Kay were the first soldiers sent into the battlefield, no one said a word to their family or friends. Smile sighed and look back at the door leading to Kay's room, ' he can't die. Not yet. Smile clenched his fists as he thought about the outcomes of Kay dying, how would Aria react- would she cry, would she risk bringing him back and turning him into a demon, or would she just.. let it be. 

One thing every soldier in the field knew- if Kay dies, this war will never end.