Demon of the Mist (part 1)

Hello everyone, it's time for the next part of Naruto's story. As I'm writing I'm wondering just how long this story is gonna be. I want to stick to the manga but with Sasuke closer to Naruto I don't think I can write him as a missing-nin  anymore and I also know I want to do a few time jumps. We'll see, anyways enjoy.

  Third POV

They had been walking for quite some time. Sakura had taken to talking to Tazuna, Sasuke was sharpening a kunai, Kakashi had his nose in that blasted perverted book of his (while actually keeping himself on high alert),and Naruto was enjoying the scenery while conversing with Kurama.
Keep alert Kit,I know this is your first time out of the village and all but be careful.
  I know Kura, I have a clone farther up ahead that I set out before Kakashi showed up with Sakura. Should my clone be dispelled for any reason it will be a warning to us.
  Kit over to the left...
A shuriken was released from Naruto's hand scaring Sakura.
  "BAKA WHAT DID YOY DO THAT FOR!" She yelled before hitting him upside the head.
  "I...Sorry I just thought there was someone there..." Naruto muttered nursing the bump forming on his head.
  Kakashi looked over to his charges.
  Hmm... Naruto's never attacked without reason too...maybe.
   The three genin and Tazuna watched as chains suddenly wrapped around Kakashi ripping him to shreds.
  "KAKASHI-SENSEI!" Three voices yelled simultaneously.
  Sakura moved to gaurd Tazuna pulling a kunai from her weapons pouch.
  Kit...KIT! Calm down it's fine he's okay...just...
  Naruto mentally cut the link with Kurama not bothering to consider the Fox's words.
  KAKASHI-SENSEI...he-he's...
A rattling noise caught Naruto's attention and he looked up just in time to see a large sword coming for him. He couldn't move his body didn't remember how to move.
  I'm gonna die on this mission...this is how it ends. To scared to move, my sensei dead, and I couldn't do ANYTHING!
  A kunai intercepted the charging weapon pulling Naruto from his stupor.
  "A bunch of little genin, this should be fun." One of the attackers murmured.
  "DOBE! Snap out of it..."
What's wrong with him? I need to get him focused on the two guys trying to kill us...
  "You're not scared...are you? Scaredy cat." Sasuke grumbled causing Naruto to flinch at the hit towards his ego.
  "AS IF TEME!" Naruto yelled.
Sasuke smirked before jumping towards the two men kicking one to the side as the other charged for Naruto. The flying sword from earlier was released from the kunai and was once again headed for Naruto. He barely dodged, his left hand getting sliced a burn seeping in. He hissed in pain as the enemy-nin charged again only to be stopped by a blue and silver blur.
  "KAKASHI-SENSEI!?" Two of three voices yelled.
  The enemy-nin now captured brought back the situation at hand.
  "Good job guys, nice work Sasuke and good job protecting Tazuna Sakura." Kakashi turned to the frozen blond his hand moving to rustle Naruto's hair.
  "Sorry for the scare, I didn't think you'd freeze up like that. But good job against the second ninja."
  Naruto felt his cheeks warm as the man eye-smiled at him. His gloved hand still settled in blond locks. Blue eyes widened before quickly turning away to hide both his blush and the multiple emotions running through his mind.
  He's....he's alive... HE'S OKAY...
What... what's this feeling... I...my cheeks feel really hot
Hehehe...
A snicker caught Naruto's attention.
  While I'd love to mock your increasing hormones...kit, you might want to let the poison from your hand out. I can heal the cut but I need you to open the wound and let the poison out before healing.
   Poison?
"Now Tazuna-san I have a few questions for you." Kakashi's voice broke Naruto's concentration.
  Tazuna looked older as he turned towards the jounin-sensei.
  "What do you mean? AND WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP THE KIDS SOONER!"
  "Because I needed to see who they were after. It turns out they were after you. NOW EXPLAIN!" Kakashi said.
  Tazuna sighed as the Sasuke and Sakura moved closer. No one seemed to notice the panicked Naruto as he cradled his bleeding hand.
  Kura! What do I do I'm too young to die!
  Calm down kit...just make the cut bigger with your kunai. I'll heal you it's fine.
  Geez the kid needs to learn to not panic in situations like this.
  Tazuna had just finished telling three of team 7 members his reason for tricking the village into giving him an escort team.
  "Kakashi-sensei this mission is too dangerous. It requires more advanced ninja than us... we're only genin this is a B rank mission now. Maybe even A, depending on what we might face."Sakura reasoned...
  There's no way we can do this mission...
  Naruto's been awfully quiet...
"This is considered...." The smell of blood wafted into Kakashi's nose breaking his train of thought.
  Now in most cases that's not unusual in the line of work of a ninja but...this smell was one he was familiar with for the past 10 years. It brought back frightening memories and the bloody smile of a small blue-eyed child.
  Kakashi quickly turned to see Naruto jam his kunai into a cut that was on his left hand.
  "NARUTO WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Sakura screamed as she watched blood pool underneath her blond teammate.
  "That...that sword had poison on it and I got a cut from it...s-so I needed to let the poison out." He answered sheepishly.
  "Um... Naruto that's cool and all that you got the poison out but if your hand keeps bleeding like that you're gonna die from blood loss." Kakashi said in a bored expression.
"Eh?"
KIT! IT'S FINE YOU'RE FINE IM ALREADY HEALING YOUR HAND IT'S FINE
  Kurama yelled only to be ignored by his blond container that was currently running around screaming about how he was too young to die.
  I highly doubt he'd die from something like this but he sure is cute acting like that.
  Sakura tossed her sensei a roll of bandages and he walked over to Naruto.
  "You'll be fine, let me see your hand."
  Naruto froze at the voice and slowly pushed his hand out. His eyes never meeting his sensei as the man moved closer to Naruto. His breath tickled Naruto's hair as he knelt before his young charge.
  K-kura... what's this feeling... he's so close. Why can't I look at him?
  He received no answer and gulped as Kakashi peered at him from the corner of his eyes. His face was probably as red as Hinata's when she talked to him.
  "Um...is everything okay you're not saying a-anything?"

Kakashi POV
  I watched as Naruto's hand began to heal.
  Must be the nine-tails work. I should have known not to let them go at the enemy alone. Naruto could've been dead had he been a normal genin.
  "S-sensei?" A voice pulled me from my thoughts as I looked away from Naruto's hand.
  "Maa, you'll be fine Naru-chan. " I said watching as his face turned into a bright red tomato as the nickname slipped off my tongue.
  Wide blue eyes turned to look at me and I felt my chest tighten.
  "N-naru...Chan?" He whispered, a small smile on his lips.

Third POV

  "Well I guess we'll continue to ESCORT YOU...but after we will leave for Konoha. We do not have to watch the bridge get finished anymore since the agreement was broken."
  Tazuna nodded numbly and they set off again.
They had been walking for a while, Naruto stealing glances at Kakashi every now and then and vice versa.
  "Dobe...Dobe!" Sasuke hissed as he stood by Naruto's side.
  "What teme!" Naruto asked his eyes turning to Sasuke.
  "Why do you keep staring at Kakashi like that?" He asked, a smirk on his face.
  "L-like what?
Kit! To the left throw a shuriken...past the tree next to your Uchiha!
  Naruto frozen before doing exactly as asked by Kurama.
  "NARUTO YOU BAKA STOP THROWING YOUR NINJA TOOLS LIKE THEY'RE TOYS!" Sakura yelled as a white rabbit hopped out of the bushes.
  As the three genin argued they failed to notice their sensei tense at the small creature before he yelled,
  "EVERYONE GET DOWN!"
Sasuke pulled Sakura down dragging Tazuna with them. Naruto felt a sudden weight on top of him as a sword went flying through the air. 
  "Just hand over the old man and no one gets hurt." A voice called.
  Kakashi POV
I felt movement from beneath me at the sound of Zabuza Momochi's voice. I heard a whimper and turned to Naruto, his eyes were wide with fear, almost as if we were back in the village. I slowly stood taking him with me, my arm around his waist as I turned to make sure the rest of the team was safe.
  "Zabuza Momochi, Demon of the Mist..." I muttered as the man stepped forward.
  "EVERYONE INTO MANJI FORMATION NOW! PROTECT TAZUNA IF I FALL RUN..." I yelled, reluctantly letting go of Naruto's waist.
  "If I'm gonna be fighting you I guess I'll need this." I said lifting my hitai-ate.
  "Kakashi of the Sharingan, the famous Copy-nin. This should be fun..." he said.
  Sharingan?
Sharingan...but Kakashi isn't an Uchiha. How does he have it?
"Sharing-what?" Naruto said.
"Sharingan...a kekkei genkai of the Uchiha clan. It lets the welder copy any jutsu that it sees. It's ONLY welded by members of the Uchiha clan, and give the appearance of blood red eyes." Sasuke muttered through gritted teeth.
  "Not bad kid, but that's barely scratching the surface of this bad boy. The things it can do, the levels it can achieve. A clan kekkei genkai fueled by HATE with such raw power." Zabuza laughed.
  "Protect the bridge builder and Stay out of the way." I yelled.
  "Ninja art: hidden mist jutsu." I head Zabuza mutter before I lost sight of my team, the fog growing thicker.

Hello, this is a day out later than wanted but it's FINALLY here. I've started the next chapter already and I may do Sunday uploads just to have a set schedule. Anyways hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and until next time BYE 🙋🙋🙋