Chapter 22

AMANDA!

I've been doing better ever since I opened up to Archer. Not wanting to leave me alone that night, he called another professor from school to fill his shoes for class.  

We then spent the entire day in my living room, talking and nothing else. We got to know each other better and I learned more about Archer and how he's more emotional than he lets on. 

I'd catch him watching me when I spoke with a look in his eyes that I couldn't distinguish but it'd make my heart swim in warmth. I could tell I was falling for him more deeply and weirdly enough, it wasn't as scary as I thought it'd be.

Loving him was becoming second nature to me.

The past couple months have been smooth sailing between us. He's been helping me deal with Riley's passing and helping me move on from the past. 

He had also taken a quick pause on Vintage Love in class. He said he didn't want me stressing out about it for now. I thought it was weird, how he changed the entire class structure for me but I wasn't complaining.

We started analysing that book again this week and to say I was having a hard time with it was an understatement.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for that art gallery?" Lina asked, walking into my room.

"Yes, but I'm trying to figure this out," I said as I stared at the book.

"How hard can it be to read a book?" She responded, eyes narrowing at me.

"It's not just reading, it's annotating and trying to look for the story that's beyond the words."

"You literature students are weird." She said as she plopped herself onto my bed.

"Ugh, just leave me be." I groaned.

Ever since Archer started talking about the seesaw theory, the book became more complex. There were so many missing parts to the story, as though the author had yet to finish it.

"You're going to be late." She sang from my bed. I could tell she was trying to agitate me.

"Why do you even care that much?" I finally dropped my book, turning around to look at her.

A grin painted over her lips as she sat up, "You still haven't told me what's up between you and Mr Kane. So you guys are dating right?"

I was pretty sure that we were but we haven't gone to the part of labelling our relationship yet and I didn't know what to tell Lina when I was at a loss myself. I stayed quiet for a bit, thinking about how to approach the situation when Lina groans.

"Come on, don't let this be another doughnut issue." She said and I frowned.

"What does that even mean?" I look at her, perplexed.

"Remember the first day of freshman year in high school, when they gave out doughnuts?"

"Mmhmm." I nodded, waiting for her to make sense.

"There was a last glazed doughnut but you were too shy to stand up and take it even though you were starving." She said and I started laughing because I knew where she was going with this.