Chapter 26

CHAPTER 26.

"You didn't read beyond chapter 25, did you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I'm barely done with it." I sighed. "I don't get how the seesaw theory works in some instances," I said as I flipped through the book.

"So," He inhaled. "You know how you said there were many plot holes?" He asked and I nodded.

"These plot holes, they're called gaps. It's like a wrinkle in time and that's when the seesaw theory takes place. Without balancing it, the seesaw tips towards the heavier, more recent side. Like the memorial the lover held, that was a gap." He says and my eyes snap to his. 

"I thought you said there wasn't a memorial?" My eyebrows furrow in confusion and Archer winces but only for a brief second before he's laughing. 

"Right. I meant when his lover accepts him after she's brought to the cabin." He carries on, ignoring his blunder. "These gaps are when Ark is two versions of himself and so when something good happens in the first version that is clearly portrayed, an opposite effect takes place in the second." He said and I tried wrapping my head around it. 

"But, so far we've only seen bad things. They're constantly arguing and his lover even left the cabin. Where is the good side?" I asked, reading through the lines on the book and I realise that Archer's watching me silently.

I shift my gaze to his.

He smiled at me for a second, eyes piercing through mine, "You'll get it soon." He nodded assuringly.

"Oh, wait." I feel the dots in my mind connecting, "We've not seen the good things because that's the missing parts of the story. The second version?" I said with uncertainty and looked up at him for confirmation.

"Something like that." He licked his lips. "But, there is a way to balance out the seesaw." He said, looking at me.

"So there won't be any bad or good sides?" I frowned.

"Mmhmm." He hummed, wanting to go on.

"Forget it, I think we're done for the day." I sighed, leaning back as I massaged my forehead. "We've been at this for hours." I groaned, plopping my head onto his shoulder.

I hear him chuckle.

"How do you do this?" I look up at him, chin resting against his shoulders.

"I don't know, it comes naturally." He smirked. "Oh, but you can't read the ending."

"Why not?"

"I need to explain to you how to balance it out first. Then you can read it." He said, clearing his desk.