Chapter 24

PAUSE.

"Wait, where's Mr Parker?" I asked, lifting my head from Archer's chest as he reached for the remote. 

He paused the movie. "Hm, I honestly don't know." His arms around me tightened as he made himself comfortable.

"Is everything okay? It looked a little tense here just now." I asked and he laughed but it didn't look sincere. 

"JP gets that way sometimes. Nothing to worry about." I could tell he didn't want to talk about it so I didn't probe. 

"Why do you call him that?" I peered up to look at him and he arches an eyebrow, wanting me to elaborate. "JP?"

"Jace Parker, so JP, get it?"

"So what? He calls you AK?" I scrunch my nose at how weird it sounded and Archer chuckles.

"Something like that. Anyway, we should finish this up, it's getting cold." He says as he grabs a handful of fries and playfully stuffs them in my mouth.

"Archer!" I squeal, his name barely audible from my lips since my mouth was full with soggy fries. 

He laughs then kisses my cheeks that are full and leans back into the couch before resuming our movie. 

Once I finally swallow the mouthful of fries, I ask the question that's been dying to get out. "Do you remember the key you had?" I asked and his expression was instantly pressed into a frown. 

"Mmhmm." He hummed, waiting for me to go on.

"Do you know anything about it?" I asked, clasping my hands together. 

"Nope, it was a gift from a friend." He said as he resumed the movie.

"Wait," I tapped his thigh, trying to get his attention. "Didn't you say you found it?"

"Hm?" He raised an eyebrow. "No." He let out bluntly as he stuffed some fries into his mouth.

"Really? I thought-"

"I have to go to the washroom, give me a second." He said giving me a quick peck on the lips, silencing me.

"Hm." I frowned as he walked away.