Trunswick

Jordan's PVO

Shadow loped alongside me and Finn rode behind me. Aiden rode close on my left and Ethan was talking to Rollan and Conor. Abeke rode along in silence. I found Gabe staring at me. Shadow noticed and hissed. He averted his eyes. Suddenly a weasel began scratching at Tarik. "Conquerors!" Finn yelled and I pulled my staff out and snapped it in half. I lunged and leaped, somersaulting in midair to land on the Conqueror that was sneaking up on Aiden. I smoked him in the head with my staff. "SHADOW!" I screamed as the Snake tripped him and bared it's fangs. I screamed and threw my staff. It pierced it's throat but not before it sunk it's fangs into Tarik's arm. I grabbed the staff and ended up back to back with Aiden and Ethan. The twins' swords flashed as they cut down animals and humans alike as we forced our way through.

I realized that everything had gone quiet. I realized only Tarik, Conor, Rollan, myself, and the twins were still here. "Where are the others?" I asked, my sharpened eyesight picking up on the slightest things. "They galloped that way." Conor said and pointed in the direction he meant. "I can go after them." Aiden said, and inhaled deeply. "Aiden..." Ethan said and the taller twin looked at him. "No one is going anywhere. You're not faster then a horse, even with Fang's help. We will go forward to an old Greencloak informant." Tarik said and Aiden stood up. "Fine." He said. "I'm not losing my twin, so stop trying to be a hero." Ethan said and Aiden glared at him and rolled his eyes. "Oh go away." Aiden snapped.

I stepped in between them. "Stop it. Right now, we have to get Tarik to the informant. Then you two can punch the hell out of each other okay?" I snapped and they grunted in agreement. "Let's go. Shadow." I said and the panther loped towards me and disappeared onto my shoulder. Fang disappeared with a sting onto Aiden's neck and he pulled up his jacket collar to cover it. I saw that Ethan had his Jackal, Nem, on his wrist. Rollan and Conor helped Tarik as Lumeo chattered from his shoulder. We reached the waypoint which was a single tower. Tarik knocked a complicated sequence and did it again as an old woman opened the door. "Tarion." And I bit my lip to keep from laughing. "It's Tarik Lady Evelyn. The boys that are helping me are Conor of Eura who summoned Briggan, and Rollan who summoned Essix. The girl you see beside me is Jordan, summoner of Shadow the Panther." Tarik said and Lady Evelyn raised her eyebrows. "You two." And she pointed at Aiden and Ethan.

Aiden growled softly, his knuckles cracking as she called them out. "You are the twins. Steiners." And they nodded. "Yes we are." Ethan said and Aiden was completely tensed up and his fists were at his sides. I reached over and touched his wrist. He relaxed slightly at my touch as Lady Evelyn got to work on Tarik. "If the other half of the Fallen, Finn, and Habriel do not make it here, you will have to go on to Trunswick." And Aiden growled loudly. "Calm down Aiden." Ethan said and Aiden clenched his fists so hard, his nails dug into his palms. "Aiden... What's wrong?" And I looked at him and he clenched his head between his hands. "The Earl of Trunswick and his oldest son Devin killed our parents and older sister in front of us." Ethan said quietly and Aiden released Fang and it seemed to calm him. "Why not go now?" He asked, voice as cold as steel.

"Because if they do get here and we aren't here, they won't know where we are." Conor said. "When did you become the leader sheepboy?" And Conor glared and Aiden's eyes burned with rage, his blue eyes flashing in the fading dusk light. "Get some sleep." I said and Ethan and Aiden crashed on the floor, Fang back in passive. I lay on the couch, my eyes wide open. "Can't sleep either?" I asked as I saw Aiden sitting up. "No. Just... Going back to Trunswick for me is like walking into a Slaughterhouse. And this time, I'm alone." And I stood up and walked over to him.

"You aren't alone Aiden." And he looked at me. "If I lose my brother, I have no family left." And I kissed him on the cheek. "You'll be fine." And I walked back to the couch. "Go to sleep Aiden." And he walked over and crouched next to me. "Thanks." He said quietly, careful not to wake the others. "For what?" I asked, my eyes confused. "For making me believe in myself." And I knew what he was going to do so I saved him from doing it. I kissed him and he smiled. "Now how did you know?" He asked, his familiar crooked smirk coming onto his face. "Because I know you Aiden Steiner." I said and he kissed me harder. After a few minutes, Aiden fell asleep next to Ethan and I finally fell asleep on the couch.