The Bargains

Jordan's PVO

I felt Aiden tense up as we walked towards the Castle. "I'm not leaving unless you do." I said and took his hand, squeezing it. He shook his head. "You have to go." He said and I felt a tear trace down my cheek and he wiped it off. "Don't." And I sighed, trying to control myself as we walked towards the Castle and into it. MacDonnell waited. "Kindly tell me what the thing that sounded like a War? In my garden?" He said coolly. "Devin and Karmo snuck Conquerors into Glengavin sir." Conor said. "And we have retrieved the tailsman. Now we'd like Rumfuss to go free." Rollan said.

"As I recall it was The Tailsman and Rumfuss for the Hare." And Aiden stepped forward and stood in front of his father and when he did, people could see how much he really resembled him. "And I'm not staying here. The world needs the four forgotten. And Fang is one of them."

And Fang appeared in a flash of light, and he growled at MacDonnell. "If you walk through those gates, you never come back." He said coldly.

I saw Shana and Culloden flinch. "Fine." And he pushed past his father and crouched next to his siblings. "It's okay."

He said and Shana hugged him tightly, breaking down. Culloden had tears under his eyes. "Hey. If you guys summon spirit animals, join the Greencloaks okay? Me and Ethan will be waiting."

And they hugged him tightly. Aiden stood up and walked back to me. I leaned against him and I could hear his heartbeat as we watched the Hare come out from hiding.

Rumfuss comunicated with it and the Hare disappeared onto his forearm. "Free." And the guards brought Rumfuss around and he took off, disappearing. Aiden walked out of the gate and I could see Shana and Culloden watching us.

"They'll be fine." I said and smiled as he kissed the top of my forehead. "Obviously." He said and we mounted up on the horses and Aiden and my horse's raced off, galloping after the others. We slowed and I let Shadow out and Aiden did the same with Fang.

We saw Donn, Finn's wildcat first, and then the others. I made the fire like normal and took first watch with Aiden who took one side. "I'm sorry." I said and he shook his head. "If it means I'd be with you, I'd happily leave my home behind."

And I kissed him and he smiled. "Wish most people could say the same." I said and he kissed me again. "Go to sleep." And I curled up against him, my head in his lap.

I woke up to Ethan shaking me. I sat up and he held his hand out. I took it and he helped me up. "Thanks." I said and he nodded. Aiden stood a few feet away, talking with Finn quietly.

I walked over. "What's going on?" I asked and stood next to Aiden. "Finn's staying." Aiden said and nodded at the older Greencloak. "Tarik's waiting for us." And I smirked. "Come on then." And I mounted up and so did the rest.

I galloped in front with Conor and Abeke. Meilin was in the middle and the twins were at the rear with Rollan. I smiled at Abeke and seemed to realize I was the only one who really trusted her.

I smiled and suddenly we came to the waypoint. "Lady Evelyn! We've come to pick up Tarik!" And Tarik walked out of the single tower and looked embarrassed.

"Here's Finn's horse. He's staying in Glengavin and he wanted you to take it." And I threw him the reins and he mounted up. "Let's go."

And he loped ahead. We rode hard for 4 days and on the last camping night, I woke up to see someone running away and the bag where my tailsman had been was open and the Iron Boar was gone.

"Conor..." I said and my voice was defeated. "I'm so sorry." Conor said and I punched the ground as I woke up the others, my fists shaking with rage. I mounted up and trotted away with the twins. "He gave it to the Trunswicks?!" Aiden roared.

"Yes. They were going to starve my family!" Conor said and Aiden growled and his eyes were burning with flames and fury. "You can't just give a tailsman away!" He roared and pushed him. Fang was obviously influencing him because Conor fell backwards. "He's right Conor. You can't. And the fact that you gave it to the Trunswicks? That's so unbelievably stupid."

Ethan said and I stood next to Aiden. "He was going to starve them!" Conor said. "I had no choice!" And I stepped forward threateningly and he backed up quick. "You always have a choice Conor. You just made the wrong one." And I looked away and turned my attention to Aiden who was calming down. He looked at me and I pulled out my bowstaff and he grabbed one from the wall. I broke it into two and so did he. I swung and the duel was on. He spun around and knocked one of them from my hands. I dove and rolled, picking it up and blocking. I kicked out and he jumped and landed, forcing me to adjust as he kicked me in the chest. I staggered and grimaced, my hand over my ribs. I felt something snap. "Jordan?"

Aiden asked and I fell onto my knees and vomited. I was sweating. "Infirmary! Now! What were you thinking, sparring without an adult in here!" Tarik said and Aiden picked me up and I blacked out.

I woke up to someone putting solution or something on me. "Ow." I said and Aiden snapped awake. "Woah. I'm okay Aiden." And the nurse shook her head. "You fractured two ribs and broke one. It'll hurt to breathe for a while and you won't be walking or fighting for a while." And I growled angrily.

"How long is a while?" And she sighed. "A month? More?" And I punched the bedside table. "She's a summoner of the four forgotten. She can't stay here." Ethan said, walking in. "She still has to stay. No matter who her spirit animal is."

And I sat up and swung my legs out of bed and stood up. "Are you sure?" And she sighed. "No fighting. But you can walk." And I walked to my room with Aiden. "It's not your fault." I said and he sighed. "I kicked you. I fractured your ribs." And I kissed his nose. "Sleep." I said and walked inside my room and shut it behind me.